• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stupid laws

It's illegal to climb trees??  Wow, I never knew I broke the law as a kid.  ::)

Nice disclaimer on the home page:

And now, the disclaimer...
Remember, many of the laws on this site have been verified, but many have been taken from sources which do not include law citations. The laws have been taken from newsgroups, websites, city governments, and visitors to the site.

So the veracity of these "laws" is in doubt.

as for the right turn on red i don't understand either all i can see is if it was a one way street, in the opposite direction. But I'm sure it was made for safety since who stops for a stop sign all the time

I live in Port Hope, On and the closest town is Cobourg and i found a dumb law for there

In Cobourg, Ontario if you have a water trough in your front yard, it must be filled by 5:00am!

In Uxbridge, Ontario it's illegal to have an internet connection faster than 56k!

Is there really a law in Calgary that requires all businesses to have a horse tie up or is that just a joke?

CEEBEE501 said:
Is there really a law in Calgary that requires all businesses to have a horse tie up or is that just a joke?
Just in the bars....and they're for the women  >:D

Yes i know that but they we a law at one time, and they are funny or crazy like this one

In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.

bradlupa said:
Yes i know that but they we a law at one time, and they are funny or crazy like this one

In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.

They are going after the wrong "head"are they not

medicineman said:
I agree - there should be laws against stupid people.

MM
They should be made to carry a sign...trouble is we'd all be carrying one! :st.patty:

bradlupa said:
I live in Port Hope, On and the closest town is Cobourg and i found a dumb law for there

In Cobourg, Ontarioif you have a water trough in your front yard, it must be filled by 5:00am!

Also in Cobourg...

It's illegal to let your dog bark, skateboard, and have the volume in your car loud enough that it can be heard from outside the vehicle with the windows rolled up. 

^ this is what happens when old people make laws. 

Plus, senior citizens (over 65) have their property taxes frozen (at the rate they were at prior to turning 65 or moving to Cobourg - whichever came first) .  Meanwhile everyone else's go up.  (No lie, my In Laws live in Cobourg - we hear ALL about it whenever we visit).  Sheer insanity.

...have the volume in your car loud enough that it can be heard from outside the vehicle with the windows rolled up.

Not really that stupid. I've been lights and sirens behind these cars and have had to call the police to get them out of the way.

ModlrMike said:
I've been lights and sirens behind these cars and have had to call the police to get them out of the way.

Check this out:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/2008/slideshows/emsa/index.aspx

I can understand that.  However, I think more comes into play in that scenario than just the loud music.

Lil_T said:
Also in Cobourg...

It's illegal to let your dog bark, skateboard, and have the volume in your car loud enough that it can be heard from outside the vehicle with the windows rolled up. 

What's the dog doing driving the car anyway?  ???  ;D

OldSolduer said:
They should be made to carry a sign...trouble is we'd all be carrying one!

When I read this, I thought it was about the masturbation law.  :rofl:

LOL Moe!!!

hubby and I are always cracking jokes like, "Don't get caught walking your dog on the skateboard while you're playing your music too loud in the car... and for GOD'S SAKE, don't forget to put tags on your garbage!!" 

Why is it stupid that I shouldn't have to have "Smack My Bitch Up" blasted at me at 11 on the dial at a stop light?  Just seems like common courtesy to me.

We have no stupid laws/regulations here on Milnet.ca.  Those who think we do usually become members of this site here.  They should have a larger membership, if memory serves me correctly.

George Wallace said:
We have no stupid laws/regulations here on Milnet.ca.  Those who think we do usually become members of this site here.  They should have a larger membership, if memory serves me correctly.

Gee, not many on that site George......are you guys slacking off or just not passing the word?

Kat Stevens said:
Why is it stupid that I shouldn't have to have "Smack My Bitch Up" blasted at me at 11 on the dial at a stop light?  Just seems like common courtesy to me.

I agree that the noise is a nuisance, I think it's a stupid law because it's outside the normal noise constraints (time etc).  There are lots of things that are outside of "common courtesy" that doesn't make them illegal.  It just appears that those laws that I listed are directed squarely at the younger population.  I highly doubt any of the elderly population would be issued a citation for blaring Hank Williams or Johnny Cash.  To me, it's about even application of the law.

Back