• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Spring weather in St.Jean

NavalGent

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm doing BOTP in St. Jean for May and the beginning of June. I'm just wondering what the weather is like in that part of the country at that time of year. Are the bugs bad at that time of year? I was there last summer, the days were effin hot, the nights were comfortable for the most part, and the bugs weren't bad by my standards. Just curious about how it'll compare this time.

St-Jean isn't too bad at that time of year. The weather is kinda pleasant, not too hot by that stage. At least I hope not, or I will be in trouble, too. I'm going to be there from May 9th-August 12th for BOTP and SLT.

Up to June you will probably be in the clear. Folks that did IAP in the summer and joined us in Nov/Dec said theyd take the cold over heat and bugs from July and August any day, aparently theyre a nightmare.

That said...The tasks and life in general in Farnham will be easier for everything else though.

a total hijack, but what is the weather like in Aldershot around this time of year??
EDIT: I've been there in Summer, Autumn, and Winter so far, but have yet to experience spring, anyone wanna shed some light?

Coming from the region, I can tell you exactly how it is. May and June, don't worry about bugs, but July and August are pretty 'busy' months... hehe. Still, it'd be worse if the courses were held around Valcartier. North of the St.-Lawrence river, bugs are really bad.

Year to year it can vary, but the temperature is mild in May. We had hot May (around 25-27C) and cold June (around 20-24C), but normally June is hotter than May. It's always between 22 and 28C during the day, in May at night it's 13 to 19C, during June 16 in the worst cases and 20C. July is the hottest month, nights not below 19C and day reaching peaks of 32-33 several times in the month, but between 24 and 28C normally. August can be cold at night, like May. But we had hot August in the last couple of years, which looked more like July during the day (15-18C at night) and September like a normal August, between 20-23C during the day and 12-16C at night.

Still what affects the felt temperature is the humidity. May and June tend to be drier than July and August. For example, the worst case is a 28-32C and with a lot of humidity its like a 35-39C as felt temperature, really hard. An advice, never stop drinking when its hot, humid or not.

Cheers,

I was born and raised in St-Jean. You will have gorgeous weather...not too hot and cool at night to sleep.
If you see the chaplains secretary say hi to her from me, she is my sister  :)

Ok it's an old topic... but mehh what the heck

I did my BMQ at St-Jean starting end of march and finished early june. So I guess that's really pin point during spring.

For the first part we still had patches of snow but it was mostly melting and we didn't really had to go outside.
When we first started the combatant run training in st-jean there was still ice and some snow and A LOT of water on the course some people got hurt by falling on patches of ice.

Farnham was kinda odd, the first week it was a mix between hot and cold (may) but it was comfortable overall, the swamps however we're well very swampy  ::) which was nice.

The 13km march was really great weather wise, it was around 15c maybe a little more and very sunny.

IMHO spring time is the best time in farnham.

Back