• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

jlynn said:
studying biology

micro biology -- the concept of sodium and potassium pumps interacting within a cell makes my brain ache

:P

It gets worse.

MM

- Sitting in my CQMS office in Wainwright - I am the night shift.  Listening to some retro 1983 Marianne Faithfull.  On casette, no less.

TCBF said:
- Sitting in my CQMS office in Wainwright - I am the night shift.  Listening to some retro 1983 Marianne Faithfull.  On casette, no less.

I still have her on vinyl  "Broken English"

It's too gorgeous a day here to sit in front of the puter, so I'm going to go for a run in a few minutes. I'm going to attempt 8 K today...and hopefully not injure myself in the process.  ;D

Sitting in the middle of fake KAF in CFB Wainwright on EX MG and waiting for my next CLP to go out on..

UGH...so bored.

Rob  :cdn:

TCBF said:
Wes,

Ya gotta start looking after yerself, man.  Seriously.  Try four coffee scoops of oatmeal in a bowl with three scoops of water.  Microwave for 99 seconds, add toast, butter, black coffee, pineapple juice.  Good to go.

Ref ANZAC cookies: this it?

http://www.aussieslang.com/features/anzac-biscuits.asp

i've tried to find golden syrup in montreal for 5 years to make these cookies with no joy... nothing like the real stuff haven't had ANZAC biscuits for 7 years now and missing the good old 4n20 pies

aussiechangover said:
i've tried to find golden syrup in montreal for 5 years to make these cookies with no joy... nothing like the real stuff haven't had ANZAC biscuits for 7 years now and missing the good old 4n20 pies

Odd, you can get Rogers' Golden Syrup in just about any grocery store in Alberta and BC.  They keep it with the pancake stuff, or sometimes with the baking stuff.

Waiting to get on a flight to England to see my dad.  Last chance to get out there before BMQ.

Whats that plane crash stat. again?  1 in 1,000,000 ?? :-\

Looking up plane crash odds,  (according to http://www.planecrashinfo.com/cause.htm)

Odds of being on an airline flight which results in at least one fatality 
Top 25 airlines with the best records 1 in 6.06 million
Bottom 25 with the worst records  1 in 546,011

Odds of being killed on a single airline flight
Top 25 airlines with the best records 1 in 10.46 million
Bottom 25 with the worst records 1 in 723,819

So unless you are flying on a Russian Airline I would say you have nothing to worry about.

Well, its 0745h here on a Wed, we are sitting tight waiting for the RAEME Head of Corps visit. Aside from that ,my mind wanders to the loss of another CF member KIA'd in thte Ghan. Not good news to wake up to.

Agreed Wes truly shitty news.

Now the topic at hand...
Just finished cutting the front lawn and about to fire up the BBQ for supper.

Just finished getting my 5 parcels, for 3 different soldiers, ready to send to Afghanistan.  I realized after I put all the stuff I had in one box, that it was WAY too heavy.  So, had to go find smaller boxes, so, now 5 instead of 3.  I will take them up to the TMFRC tomorrow and then they'll be on their way.  Yay!! :)  Hopefully all the cookies make it without getting swashed!  Although, I really don't think they will care.

Mate, try Rogers Golden syrup and/or Beehive Golden syrup, these should substitute with excellence. These brands can be found coast to coast.

Baker said:
Going to school!

:D
Baker

Going to course -- an 0830hrs start timing!! Whooohoooo!! I feel so bad lazing around waiting ....  >:D

0920hrs: waiting for 1000hrs to pick up a client for 1030hrs appointment. I'm a volunteer driver for Canadian Cancer Society.

1430hrs, I will be attending NL Class Action Application against Canadian Government/DND/VA with respect to Chemical Spraying in Gagetown. I've read so much about it, it would be interesting to hear what's it all about.

Back