• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Qualification Course (Questions & Answers)

Intresting Rick as LFAA TC is still running SQ's this summer. I'll post more info on this as it seems I've been tasked as staff for said serials.

Nfld Sapper said:
Intresting Rick as LFAA TC is still running SQ's this summer. I'll post more info on this as it seems I've been tasked as staff for said serials.

There will be of course still legacy courses run to get most people that fall between the cracks trained.

Don't be surprised if you get your CTP and it says "BMQ(L)".

I remember being tasked to instruct reserve QL3 Infantry one summer and when i arrived, it was actually the first SQ and DP 1 Infantry reserve serials.

Yes there are a few legacy courses remaining.

I would rather see the CTP saying CFSME HET Tractor Dump  ;D instead of LFAA TC Gagetown SQ or BMQ (L)

ALQ Rifleman said:
Does anyone Know the Dates for Res this summer (33 CBG) SQ and BIQ.

Ask your COC or go to your OR and ask. Also could you please fill out your profile; it will get your future questions answered faster.

1. READ !!!
2. Fill out your profile
3. Again, ask your chain of command.
4. Sort yourself out.

It was a simple question that did not need that kind of responses. Since others have asked and received about dates previously i did not think that it was a big deal!

Guess what ALQ Rifleman, lets get some things sorted out.

The answer to your question was very simple. Nobody and I mean no one here knows when your course is going to happen. Not off the top of their heads or even a peice of paper in their hands can say different.
-First it depends on your unit course loading
-keeping in mind that national courses have priority, assume that your course will run but they do get cancelled especially when units fail to send their quota of ARC staff

Now, the straight answer was right in front of you, it was ASK YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND!

I stand by my response, it was very appropriate.

I've been at Meaford for a week now awaiting training and my SQ (actually BMQ (L)) starts Monday and is a 4 week course, which will be followed by DP1 for 10 weeks, probably here at Meaford I think.

I have also been waiting on the lovely '8' platoon for over a week. April 10 BMQ-L (SQ) for me. Don't get your hopes up coming from St. Jean or wherever, thinking you are going to jump off of the bus and start training. I was awakened pretty fast.

:cdn:

GreenHand said:
I have also been waiting on the lovely '8' platoon for over a week. April 10 BMQ-L (SQ) for me. Don't get your hopes up coming from St. Jean or wherever, thinking you are going to jump off of the bus and start training. I was awakened pretty fast.

Actually, that post is over a month old.  I'm done SQ, however, back on 8 Pl  waiting for DP1 May 14 (was actually never on it the first time.... our BMQ (L) course instructors kept us busy prior to the course).

BTW - 8 platoon is in for a makeover starting this coming Tuesday.  No more sitting around waiting for the odd tasking.  PT, range time, kill house, and ruck marches are what i was told to expect.  I took leave for the this coming week though, so I'll have to wait and see. ;)

Quick question for clarification .... Is there still an SQ course or is it now BMQ land ? Or is the BIQ now 13 weeks instead of 10 ?

DirtyDog said:
Actually, that post is over a month old.  I'm done SQ, however, back on 8 Pl  waiting for DP1 May 14 (was actually never on it the first time.... our BMQ (L) course instructors kept us busy prior to the course).

See you on DP1 May14th, I'll be there

Back