• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Operational Clothing and Equipment Modernization

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
I found that out the hard way on my BWW. In the improvised shelter, while I was getting dressed for my shift watching the fire - because the guy before me decided to dump ALL of our goddamn firewood on at once, right before his shift ended - a giant ember landed on my arm after I put on the thermal top and melted right through.
One would think economies of scale would come into play, and the Army consider working with the RCAF for fleece...fire retardant and static dissipating. Yes it would cost more to procure, but then supply chain economies would be improved...assuming, of course, that Army was okay with the ‘looks the same’ pattern of the RCAF fleece, and not do something stupid like require a different pattern, so that only the rank slip-on was different. At least Armour and mech inf should be considered for FR fleece.

Kilted

Reaction score
One would think economies of scale would come into play, and the Army consider working with the RCAF for fleece...fire retardant and static dissipating. Yes it would cost more to procure, but then supply chain economies would be improved...assuming, of course, that Army was okay with the ‘looks the same’ pattern of the RCAF fleece, and not do something stupid like require a different pattern, so that only the rank slip-on was different. At least Armour and mech inf should be considered for FR fleece.
I would think it they are ok having the same combat uniform, they would be ok with that. I always tell one of my friends in the air force to get his own uniform.

dimsum

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
At least it looks better than what the Americans have to wear.
The American...Army? Navy? Marines? Air Force? Space Force? Coast Guard?

I would think it they are ok having the same combat uniform, they would be ok with that. I always tell one of my friends in the air force to get his own uniform.
Is the intent for the RCAF to switch to the new pattern as well once it's rolled out?

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
The American...Army? Navy? Marines? Air Force? Space Force? Coast Guard?

Is the intent for the RCAF to switch to the new pattern as well once it's rolled out?

They should just stay with plain OD green for the flight suit.

Like all 70s fashions, if you wait long enough....

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
And not all aircrew are RCAF folks.
c130 paratroopers GIF