• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Operational Clothing and Equipment Modernization

See kit pictures - there is a chest rig, a plate carrier and a battle belt. The gloves are also fantastic, being developed in concert with Kombi. Merino wool liner, multiple systems that fit together etc. Overall very much heartening stuff.

Attachments

• CANSEC 24 CCUE Battle Belt.jpg
    CANSEC 24 CCUE Battle Belt.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 73
  • CANSEC 24 CCUE FFO.jpg
    CANSEC 24 CCUE FFO.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 75
  • CANSEC 24 CCUE Patrol Pack.jpg
    CANSEC 24 CCUE Patrol Pack.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 70
  • CANSEC 24 CCUE Plate Carrier & Chest Rig.jpg
    CANSEC 24 CCUE Plate Carrier & Chest Rig.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 67
  • CANSEC 24 CCUE Recce Bag 15L.jpg
    CANSEC 24 CCUE Recce Bag 15L.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 67
  • CANSEC 24 CCUE Rucksack.jpg
    CANSEC 24 CCUE Rucksack.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 65
See kit pictures - there is a chest rig, a plate carrier and a battle belt. The gloves are also fantastic, being developed in concert with Kombi. Merino wool liner, multiple systems that fit together etc. Overall very much heartening stuff.

That stuff looks wicked. I love the look of the mystery ranch looking patrol pack. Thank you

The Patrol Pack has not been selected yet by the CAF, what LU has in a pack that they will be bidding when the project is out for bidders.

I spoke to the Logistik project manager of …
If you are at CANSEC, keep in mind the companies are showing what they want to sell, not necessarily things that DND is buying.

Also, if Logistik wants soldier buy-in they might want to figure out how to at least match Marks for quality of workplace apparel. It is not normal that every article of clothing requires loose threads to be burned or trimmed by the end consumer, and it is definitely not normal to have pit stains in a brand new shirt before it is out of its packaging.

If you are at CANSEC, keep in mind the companies are showing what they want to sell, not necessarily things that DND is buying.
Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

Never take the glossy brochures and the sales pitches at face value.

These are all fair points. However, Logistik is already providing a lot of this stuff on a trial basis to the Army and is the CAF's clothing producer. I am not sure it makes any sense to compare them to, say, BAE or General Dynamics, though that could entirely be out of ignorance to me.

The Patrol Pack has not been selected yet by the CAF, what LU has in a pack that they will be bidding when the project is out for bidders.

The lady I spoke to showed me two versions, with different top closures. She had a preference for one of them, but indicated that they hadn't been decided on. I unfortunately only got the one picture.

I spoke to the Logistik project manager of the operational clothing & equipment for the SOCEM / CCUE (Canadian Combat Uniform Ensemble). He spent 22 years in the Army before working there, and remains a member of the militia (IE still invested) and is both very enthusiastic and very pleased with results from this programme so far. It's clear as well that his team was committed to making sure that there was mass buy in from all of the troops. The patrol pack & ruck for instance are purpose built to accomodate body armour and plates; everything is being done with proper testing and feedback.

The kit displayed was all Gen 0. They've since moved on to Gen 1, where it will be fielded to around 3,000 personnel. Following more adjustments, they'll move onto the next generation and so far. Not sure when this is going to be issued broadly.

I know from looking up CCUE on ACIMS the other day that there are massive problem with the National Procurement (NP) budget which is impeding rapid expansion of this programme, and is essentially keeping lights on. Until it is fully funded, it will likely be very sluggish, unfortunately.

Why are the belt loops so big ?

Hopefully the neck and brassards get dropped but looks good. Can’t wait to see it in 2056

By then, the entire purchase will be on hold while we wait for the Interim Plasma Rifle Project to be completed, since there is no point buying a chest rig that won't hold the proper magazines.

That project will be scheduled for completion in FY 61/62.
And Fragmentation Protective Vest will be removed from 381 training safety a mere 8 years later.

And Fragmentation Protective Vest will be removed from 381 training safety a mere 8 years later.
No, we will keep making soldiers wear that. There is always a chance you will run into somebody with an old-fashioned bullet gun. The frag vest will be worn under the (to be procured) energy weapon shielding system.

Total soldier load carried - approximately 215 pounds.

What’s sad is that stuff is all early GWOT designs.

The CAF: fighting tomorrows wars with the last generations gear…

What’s sad is that stuff is all early GWOT designs.

The CAF: fighting tomorrows wars with the last generations gear…

I dunno, I see removable placards that are stand alone chest rigs, battle belts, and plate carriers. You’d be in the extreme minority if you had that shit in 2006.

I dunno, I see removable placards that are stand alone chest rigs, battle belts, and plate carriers. You’d be in the extreme minority if you had that shit in 2006.
2004 ;)
Admittedly I would swap between a PC and CIRAS-M.
- also my first Crye Battlebelt in 2005 had cardboard in it instead of the soft armor (apparently the size didn’t allow for NIJ Fair Hit, so they didn’t ship them with armor for the first few runs) - yeah I found kit after wearing it in Iraq for 6 months…

What's changed? Only so many bullets can be carried.

The fact the CAF hasn’t been able to issue modern gear in 20 years is fucking criminal. @MJP can attest how many attempts we made to point out how crap a lot of the issued gear was back then.

The style of bag in the picture is a real pain in the ass to close when the bag isn't full.

The fact the CAF hasn’t been able to issue modern gear in 20 years is fucking criminal. @MJP can attest how many attempts we made to point out how crap a lot of the issued gear was back then.

I know its crap, I've worn it for 10 years. But what's different in load bearing kit today that you're referencing? You said this stuff isn't modern.

Back