• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Snowbird crashes in Thunderbay - pilot safe

Mackay took over the spot left open after Miles went down in December.

As for the cause of the crash, Mackay told the guy who came to pick him up that he lost his engine.  As for confirmation, we'll have to wait and see what the flt safety report says.

yup, tryouts and selections were already over, so they needed someone fast after Miles died....who better than someone who just left the team?

short final said:
Um, yeah, because the Snowbirds are based out of Moose Jaw.   That, and their PAFFO doesn't travel with the team.

Saskatchewan born and bread, and I personally  ;D,  yes personally know each white line (and power pole) on the Trans Canada between YMJ and YQR without a doubt.

In some wierd way, I sure miss that flatness.

Armymedic said:
.... I am surprised to see a pilot as experienced as he still flying with the Snowbirds...4 yrs running. I thought they rotated out every 2 yrs or so.

For those that know him, my cousin, MAJ Jayson Miles-Ingram (now in Cold lake AB) was with them for about 4 yrs also. He was Snowbird No.5. I was in Canada in 2000, and he had been with them since about 1996 or 1997. We ended ( 2 of us Aussies) up in their Mess in the Jaw, and had a tour around their hangar, etc.

Cheers,

Wes

i believe the tour has been extended to 3 yrs.

I did OJT with 431 Sqn for 6 months while waiting for my Harvard course, when Bob Painchaud was Boss.  Good times in that office with Marg.....

Wesley H. Allen said:
For those that know him, my cousin, MAJ Jayson Miles-Ingram (now in Cold lake AB) was with them for about 4 yrs also. He was Snowbird No.5. I was in Canada in 2000, and he had been with them since about 1996 or 1997. We ended ( 2 of us Aussies) up in their Mess in the Jaw, and had a tour around their hangar, etc.

Cheers,

Wes

Small world.  I work with your cousin.  He's flying with us at AETE while he waits for his Hornet course.  Lots of good stories of when he flew with the Snowbirds

Jayson was also a standards pilot for while (not on the show team), so that would have led to the longer posting as well.

Back