• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SKOP

ArmyVern said:
I think I will take a brick pic tomorrow at work ... so the young 'uns know what we are reminiscing about.  ;D
Not so fast  - there appear to be more coming into the system shortly.....
.... The Department of National Defence has a requirement to establish a National Individual Standing Offer (NISO) for the following items listed below to be delivered on as requested basis. The estimated yearly quantity is 5,000 for Montreal, Quebec and 5,000 in Edmonton, Alberta. The NISO will be for a period of two (2) years with two (2) one (1) year options if option years are exercised ....

Been a long time, but as i recall primary a plastic sheet and some rods? I bet you could go to Home depot and build a kit pretty quick that can be used for training. Geotextile fabric would be good for stength.

In my day 4-6 tin anchors 40 ft of cord and a green 4x8 tarp.

Sounds about right, your stores unit could order the items indvidually and bundle them at the unit. Likely this is how the SKOP kit started, a unit doing their own thing, someone seeing it as a good idea, pushed up the line, approved and contracted out as a kit. Now it' a restricted item, you really have to laugh when you think about it.

MedCorps said:
Likewise is the Mark III Field Shelter (MEXE) skill in the system?
MEXE had become unsupportable at least 4 years ago.  There is no longer a supplier, and so the only way to maintain kits is to cannibalize others.
The LCMM was looking to divest it, but the Army was not in a rush to procure a replacement.
I don't know where we stand now, but if MEXE is still in the system it will be tightly controlled by the LCMM.

I just found one in my garden shed.

I really really need to go clean out that shed one of these days :-[

Danjanou said:
I just found one in my garden shed.

I really really need to go clean out that shed one of these days :-[

Thought that was what you shed was made of.....

;D

MCG said:
MEXE had become unsupportable at least 4 years ago.  There is no longer a supplier, and so the only way to maintain kits is to cannibalize others.
The LCMM was looking to divest it, but the Army was not in a rush to procure a replacement.
I don't know where we stand now, but if MEXE is still in the system it will be tightly controlled by the LCMM.

This is a MEXE?
http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?10883-What-is-a-Mexe-hide/page3

Colin P said:
This is a MEXE?
http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?10883-What-is-a-Mexe-hide/page3
That is it.

NFLD Sapper said:
Thought that was what you shed was made of.....

;D

Close, when we bought the house no shed. First summer I used two shelter halfs and bugeee cords to improvise a place to store the garden and landscapping crap.

CDN Aviator said:
I havent seen a MEXE shelter since i built on on my QL3 in 1993.
yeap, my course put one by the tree lot near the ammo compound in base (Chilliwack). It was linked with the demo comms trenches and tunnels. That was in 87 - yikes!
I think one of the troops in 2CER put one up in 91 or so.
Chimo!

I suspect that the companies that pound out new Gazebos every spring could easily produce the Mexes kit if there was a demand for it. All you need is the specs, get a price on it from China and order a thousand plus at a time.

Bumped with the latest -- the system's looking for more SKOP kits ...
The requirement is a National Individual Standing Offer (NISO) for the Department of National Defence (DND) for the supply of Support Kit, Overhead Protection (GSIN: N4240  Safety and Rescue Equipment) ... on an as and when required basis for delivery to DND Supply Depots in Montreal, QC and Edmonton, AB ...

Back