• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

She faced life with a smile - Soldier's widow killed in eerily similar accident

exgunnertdo

Inactive
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted anywhere else.  Sorry if it's already here.

So sad...

Shared in accordance with Copyright act thing.

From the Winnipeg Free Press

She faced life with a smile - Soldier's widow killed in eerily similar accident

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindor Reynolds

Two years after her soldier husband was killed when his armoured vehicle crashed and rolled in Afghanistan, Daphne Wilson has died in an eerily similar accident.

Sunday afternoon, the Wawanesa woman lost control of her sport utility vehicle on a gravel road near her rural home. The blue Ford Escape rolled into a ditch and Wilson, 35, was killed instantly.

Her 16-year-old daughter, Sheralynn, was with her, but escaped with minor injuries. Wilson is also survived by her son, Jesse, 12.

Master Cpl. Tim Wilson, a native of Langruth, was taken off life support in a German military hospital in March 2006, two days after his accident.

Daphne Wilson's death is a stunning blow to her family and friends.

Monday, they remembered her as a free spirit who worked through her grief at losing Tim and emerged as a strong, funny survivor.

"It's kind of hard to put it into words," said Viola Bauer, Wilson's best friend. "Daphne was a very giving and generous soul. She was so kind.

"She was always there for everybody. She would always tell you how important it was to do things for yourself." Funeral arrangements are pending. Friends did not know Monday who would raise Wilson's children.

Aimee Hampton, whose military husband was at Tim Wilson's bedside in the German hospital while medics waited for Daphne and Tim's mother to arrive, said the young widow's strength was an inspiration to all military wives.

"She was able to face all the adversity with a smile on her face," Hampton said. "She always made sure their house was filled with laughter. She tried so hard to make it good for her kids. For her to go on and be so kooky for her kids, she was really something." Viola Bauer and Wilson worked together as "passion party" consultants, selling sexual aids and toys to women at home parties. The pair was supposed to be in Saskatchewan this weekend working a bridal show.

"Daphne is a remarkable woman," Bauer said yesterday. "She helped so many women." Many Shilo wives laugh when they talk about meeting Wilson at a home party. She had a knack for putting people at ease, they say, and a flamboyance that made her the centre of attention.

"She was one of those women you hear about even before you meet them," friend Diane Keefe said. "She had a presence." Wilson's Facebook page paints a picture of a woman living life to the fullest. In addition to the passion parties, she had a fascination with tattoos, using her body as a canvas. Bauer starts to weep when she talks about the wings Wilson had inked on her back.

"Maybe that's how she's soaring now," Bauer said.

After Tim was killed, Daphne had an infinity symbol tattooed on her wrist. The marking, she told her friend, was to symbolize her relationship with her husband.

She also has the words "my life is my message" written on the inside of her arm after the Afghanistan death.

"Now that tattoo means a whole lot more," Bauer said. "The way she lived, the joy she had and her strength, that's what we're going to remember." Wilson developed a fascination with India in the months following Tim's death, said Bauer, and made two trips there. Wilson said she was trying to find herself, a constant journey to make sense of a life that had been rocked by tragedy.

"She never stopped talking about Tim," Bauer said. "Lately it seemed like she was talking about him more and more. I'd talk about my husband and she'd say, 'You know what Tim and I did?' He was always there." Wilson's friends hope her children will be able to follow their mother's example and emerge from their grief to remember their mother as a woman who laughed loudly and loved greatly.

They hope her wings will take her home to Tim.

Article Link

That is absolutely horrible. My thoughts and condolences to the family,especially the children.

Holy mackeral!  Condolences to Daphne's family and friends.

The Similarities of their deaths demonstrate to me that they will be together in the after life.  May they be happy ever after.

My deepest condolences to thier family and friends.

Xavier

My deepest condolences to the Wilson children and all their extended family. This hit me like a ton of bricks last night when I heard about it.  :'(
Daphne was a great person and she will be missed by everyone who knew her.

May Angels look after the children until they are reunited with their parents.  Sad news indeed.      :'(

:army:

That loud sounding crack you just heard is my heart breaking after reading Daphne's words after her husband died.
RIP Domestic Niner, WE thank you.    :cdn:

Man, this brings tears to my eyes  :'( To hear this sad news is heartbreaking.  How much can one family endure?  They have had more than their share of sorrow.  I wish all the best to the Wilson's children, but, most of all I wish that the rest of their life is easier on them.  They deserve it.  My condolances to the family.

Dear God...that is just so tragic...RIP Daphne... :'(

My prayers go out to the Wilson children...and heart felt condolences to family and friends...

HL

Sigh!
What a shame, what a waste

My condolences to family and friends
Rest in peace

I can't imagine what the family must be going through. I hope the family will carry on with her strength

Very rough indeed, both gone long before their time.

OWDU

My families thoughts and prayers are with the Wilson kids.  RIP Ma'am, you've done us all proud.  :salute:

Tragic can only begin to describe this....

My thoughts are with the family at this time. I have do doubt the childeren will be as strong as their parents, and be able to carry on, but nonetheless a terrible thing to have to go through. my heart goes out to them.

Back