• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sharpe's Fury (Book Review)

Personally I don't think Sean Bean should have got the part - Sharpe was a Londoner and Bean is a Northener (Sheffield). I think that Clive Owen would have made a better Sharpe and actually looks like him - tall, dark haired and right accent

Hmmm you're right Owen might hav meade an excellent Sharpe. However I'm satisified with Bean's portrayal.

Mind I also thought Owen should have been the next Bond.  Hmmm no there's a thought Bean as Bond 8)

Danjanou said:
Hmmm you're right Owen might hav meade an excellent Sharpe. However I'm satisified with Bean's portrayal.

Mind I also thought Owen should have been the next Bond.  Hmmm no there's a thought Bean as Bond 8)

I think that would be a stretch now that he has played a Bond villian.

Not really Joe Don Baker appeared as a villian in The Living Daylights, and then later as a hero in Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies.

Sean Bean played Alec Trevelyan in Goldeneye 

From his Bio: 
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/biographies/sean_bean_biog/4 

The part of Richard Sharpe, star of Bernard Cornwell's hit series of novels, was intended for Paul McGann, a success in The Monocled Mutineer. But McGann suffered a timely accident and in stepped Bean to take the role of the Napoleonic hero. First came Sharpe's Rifles and Sharpe's Eagle, in 1993. There would be a further three productions each year till 1997, each of them massively popular, making Sean one of the UK's most beloved TV personalities. The occasional injury was easy to bear - like the time Sean and Alice Krige (as the Marquesa Dorada) galloped down a hill and both fell off their horses into a shallow stream. The director thought it looked great, so he ignored their pain and embarrassment and left it in.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/biographies/sean_bean_biog/5

He cemented his rep as a particularly dastardly villain by shining as Alec Trevalyan, Agent 006, in Goldeneye. Could James Bond stop him from destroying London with a big nuclear pulsing thing?

Back