• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Assault & Sexual Misconduct in the CF

captloadie said:
In her interview she highlights the fact she has a miltary background. Maybe someone only read her CV, and didn't do a cursory web search to see what she was all about.

If, she has a military background, she doesn't mention it here on the bio she posted on line...  :eek:rly:

Julie S. Lalonde: About Me

I'm biologically hard wired to day dream anytime I'm in a formation larger than a platoon.

Anyone else not of the opinion the creating a Media scandal that involves DND/CAF is the equivalent to the CAF bringing a butterknife to a gun fight?

George Wallace said:
Anyone else not of the opinion the creating a Media scandal that involves DND/CAF is the equivalent to the CAF bringing a butterknife to a gun fight?

I'm of the opinion that the media is creating the gunfight.  There is one effective rule to a gunfight and that is to not go to a gunfight.  But if you do...

1. Bring a gun
2. Bring a second gun
3. Bring all of your friends who have guns.

George Wallace said:

We don't use the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Sheep Dog AT said:
http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Politics/ID/2669674272/

Was this It?

No, but that was just as bad, if not worse.

Here is the interview previously referenced.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/The+Current/ID/2669800199/

Crantor said:
I'm of the opinion that the media is creating the gunfight.  There is one effective rule to a gunfight and that is to not go to a gunfight.  But if you do...

1. Bring a gun
2. Bring a second gun
3. Bring all of your friends who have guns.

Dude, we're the Canadian Military - where are we going to find the live ammo? 

MM

What I find curious is that Ms. LaLonde states that she is very concerned about how the person replacing General Lawson is going to address this issue, but she doesn't really seem to want to take the time to find out who that is and a what his background is, even though it has been announced for quite some time.

cavalryman said:
Ask the US?

Don't you know that there is an ammo shortage here in the US. Apparently the Dept. of Homeland Security has bought up all of the small arms ammo, just in case they get the go ahead to start seizing all of the personal weapons. :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Just added another $1.00 to my Alcoa retirement plan.

cupper said:
What I find curious is that Ms. LaLonde states that she is very concerned about how the person replacing General Lawson is going to address this issue, but she doesn't really seem to want to take the time to find out who that is and a what his background is, even though it has been announced for quite some time.

She's probably expecting that she'll be invited for tea and sticky buns with JV anytime soon.
MM

I didn't think they would have the money to buy all the ammo after buying so many FEMA coffins.

The problem with our ammo shortage is that the people we're sending to these battles unarmed will cause a great deal of planetary damage if the other folks shoot them in the head - a rapid decompression from the head wound would suck large portions of the world in.

MM

captloadie said:
In her interview she highlights the fact she has a miltary background. Maybe someone only read her CV, and didn't do a cursory web search to see what she was all about.

Or maybe the staff who organized the lecture was like minded and also was trying to push an agenda. Who knows.

According to what she said in both interviews is that she grew up in a military family. Her father was in the infantry, and she describes him as the most feminist male she knows.

>Like I said, weak. Leaders issue clear, concise, and direct messages. That is strong direction.

NCOs have known and managed the jackass factor in young men since the appointment was invented.  Reminders don't need to be force-fed.

The Forces need to stop operating by PC rules and providing platforms for "experts" to sound off.  Continual application of common sense is the template solution for this, and other, problems.

medicineman said:
She's probably expecting that she'll be invited for tea and sticky buns with JV anytime soon.
MM

I could do so much with that statement, but my wife told me to behave  8)

Back