• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

JBoyd said:
Well theres your problem, your using Telus :p

Was very Slow for last two days here in Montreal (all other sites no problem, almost instantaneous ) but much better, almost normal, at 3.05 am 22 Jan.

But on Videotron cable High Speed 853 kbs.

Cheers.

Reminder to Mike Bobbitt:  feed the hampsters the wheel is slowing down.

emmie          ;D

It is markedly slower here (Texas) too this evening (2020 hrs Central).

E.R. Campbell said:
It is markedly slower here (Texas) too this evening (2020 hrs Central).

Well, it's flying here in NB.

Mike must have fed the hamsters steroids!!

It's sporadic here. I went off (closed browser), then on again and it's OK. Then off again and on again and it was slow again. It's OK now.

E.R. Campbell said:
It's sporadic here. I went off (closed browser), then on again and it's OK. Then off again and on again and it was slow again. It's OK now.

The other hamster has probably returned from it's smoke break on your end then.

Hopefully, it'll be a while before the other beast heads out for one.  ;)

It's sailing right along here at home. However, my DIN computer was worse than dialup tonight.

It has been a bit slow lately over in BC, but my internet provider sucks anyways... so it's probably their fault.

I'm still getting the fast/slow thing going on.  Was great last night at home, is so-so here at work.

It seems to be a problem with our connections... The hardware is good and under a light load, but something's up with our dual DSL connections. I've taken a few steps but will continue to investigate. We could be simply saturated with traffic.

Mike Bobbitt said:
It seems to be a problem with our connections... The hardware is good and under a light load, but something's up with our dual DSL connections. I've taken a few steps but will continue to investigate. We could be simply saturated with traffic.

Painfully slow today Mike.

Not as bad today, yesterday was brutal.
Aren't we impatient though?  ;D
Thanks for all you do Mike!

D Squared said:
Not as bad today, yesterday was brutal.
Aren't we impatient though?  ;D
Thanks for all you do Mike!

Not really. Just informing Mike.

Folks,

I have reconfigured a few things here, please let me know if we see another slowdown.

Thanks
Mike

What I have been seeing over the past week was a sometimes long delay from the time you clicked on a topic to when it actually changed screens and displayed it....almost as if there was difficulty in the handshaking mode.....that delay is not there today....

Back