• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
PMedMoe said:
Oh, let them not and say they did.  It just turns into application/merit listing/etc comparisons and personal stories anyway.  Just an observation.

But I like the personal stories, they're better than reading "crime watch" in a newspaper some days.  Besides, it keeps things reasonably organized/on topic and brings newcomers to Army.ca.  Not that they bother to take the time to subscribe  ----->  http://army.ca/subscribe/

Heck, why not make a separate area for "subscribers only", where you might be able to find "more better" answers to your questions.      ;D

DAA said:
But I like the personal stories, they're better than reading "crime watch" in a newspaper some days.  Besides, it keeps things reasonably organized/on topic and brings newcomers to Army.ca.  Not that they bother to take the time to subscribe  ----->  http://army.ca/subscribe/

Heck, why not make a separate area for "subscribers only", where you might be able to find "more better" answers to your questions.      ;D

I am a subscriber.  :nod:

Traintosucceed said:
Last time I checked these forums were here to help people seek the answers they are looking for, not to ridicule them and use them as examples to prove your own points... Whatever floats your boat and makes you feel good about yourself though.

I'm not ridiculing anyone, your post just happened to come up as a great example (you know the Mods frown on double posts, right?).  Yes, people do seek answers here and having multiple threads on the same topics only makes the search process that much more sluggish.  No wonder people don't want to use it.

And as far as feeling good about myself, I'm fine, thanks.

PMedMoe said:
I am a subscriber.  :nod:

I'm not ridiculing anyone, your post just happened to come up as a great example (you know the Mods frown on double posts, right?).  Yes, people do seek answers here and having multiple threads on the same topics only makes the search process that much more sluggish.  No wonder people don't want to use it.

And as far as feeling good about myself, I'm fine, thanks.

Off Topic:
Well I just don't plain use the search feature cause it doesn't work 99% of the time.

On Topic:
Does anyone know when selections for Steward are?

AlphaBravo said:
Off Topic:
Well I just don't plain use the search feature cause it doesn't work 99% of the time.

On Topic:
Does anyone know when selections for Steward are?

You can always go to Google and in the search bar try "army.ca/?s=" and then after the "=" sign without any spaces, insert your search terms.

Or I can just say, 26 May because you're a subscriber.......    ;)

DAA said:
You can always go to Google and in the search bar try "army.ca/?s=" and then after the "=" sign without any spaces, insert your search terms.

Or I can just say, 26 May because you're a subscriber.......    ;)

Thank you kindly  :salute:, unfortunately I probably wont make it.

Maaaan Alpha, just call your CFRC and just say you're ready to go for a medical... pretty crappy theyre dicking you around like this.

Treemoss said:
Maaaan Alpha, just call your CFRC and just say you're ready to go for a medical... pretty crappy theyre dicking you around like this.

Unfortunately I feel that'll do no good, as I contacted my file manager a week or so ago and received this as a response. "Your file is still in processing.There is no need to contact us as we will contact you."

AlphaBravo said:
Unfortunately I feel that'll do no good, as I contacted my file manager a week or so ago an received this as a response. "Your file is still in processing.There is no need to contact us as we will contact you."

Welcome to the new recruiting system. No one know's when things will happen, or can tell you anything about your file's status. We're just expected to sit and wait..
I've had a real blast sitting around waiting the last 6 months trying to figure out if I'll ever be booked for a medical or interview

(Yes, I'm whining. :crybaby: )

KerryBlue said:
Welcome to the new recruiting system. No one know's when things will happen, or can tell you anything about your file's status. We're just expected to sit and wait..
I've had a real blast sitting around waiting the last 6 months trying to figure out if I'll ever be booked for a medical or interview

(Yes, I'm whining. :crybaby: )

I had to break the news to a buddy of mine, he told me that they told him they would give him a call within 2 weeks to schedule a medical and interview, and I told him the harsh reality.. What will really tick me off if they do in fact contact him and not me considering he lived in the states for about a year, and just did his CFAT last week (Same recruiting centre as I).

He insists that they will still contact him within a week or two...

I too am whining  :crybaby:

It bothers me, their are a few people who wrote their CFAT around the same time as me and they got processed through(medical/interview) like I was told I should be, and are now sitting merit listed. And here I am whining on an internet forum that I don't have a Med or int date anywhere on the horizon.

I'm not sure if you can or not, but maybe try switching recruitment centers? I dealt with Hamilton (which is not a far drive from toronto) and was processed very quickly from CFAT through to merit listing. If it is possible I'd recommend that maybe, good luck I hope it works out for you!

Jordan10 said:
I'm not sure if you can or not, but maybe try switching recruitment centers? I dealt with Hamilton (which is not a far drive from toronto) and was processed very quickly from CFAT through to merit listing. If it is possible I'd recommend that maybe, good luck I hope it works out for you!

I already switched from Ottawa to Toronto, and Hamilton is only a detachment of Toronto. Soo yep..

Unfortunately, switching for me is not an option the only other recruiting center is in Victoria which is a 2.5hr to 3hr drive and a ferry ride away. And Kerry its bothering me as well! I hate whining in general especially on a internet forum, its bad taste but if he does get scheduled before me then something might be up with my application.

AlphaBravo said:
Unfortunately, switching for me is not an option the only other recruiting center is in Victoria which is a 2.5hr to 3hr drive and a ferry ride away. And Kerry its bothering me as well! I hate whining in general especially on a internet forum, its bad taste but if he does get scheduled before me then something fishy is going on.

I wouldn't say fishy, as no one is out to get you.

Winter727 said:
I wouldn't say fishy, as no one is out to get you.

I corrected it, I really didn't mean as "They were out to get me" I meant it as something must be wrong with my application, and my file manager isn't telling me jack about it.

You should guess how my roommate feels... merit listed then taken off it due to paperwork being all messed up. Then someone on here applied straight out of high school and got his position haha... also me being processed faster then him  ::)

Treemoss said:
You should guess how my roommate feels... merit listed then taken off it due to paperwork being all messed up. Then someone on here applied straight out of high school and got his position haha... also me being processed faster then him  ::)

Well I applied a year ago, and my buddy applied in November, lived in the states for a year and just did his aptitude test like last week. I would be flustered if he got contacted first, it would honestly make me think something is wrong with my application.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to take the time to let everyone know I've received my call! BMQ is June 2nd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back