• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selected November 28, 2005 and called the same day .... Wow!!!

ManWithThePlan

Inactive
Reaction score
Woooooooohooooooooooo !!!!!! You know what that means!  Got my call today ... same day as I was selected. I am so excited!
Gotta be in Borden on January 8, 2006. Basic is from January 9 - March 24. :salute:

I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone that helped me with my questions along the way. Army.ca is probaly the best resource when it comes to finding out answers about the CAF recruiting process.

It was approximately 6 months from application date to BMQ for me. That is pretty quick considering some of the wait times I have seen for other people. Thanks again. ;D Train hard and don't give up ... your call will come ... 

Trade: Land Communications and Information Systems Tech (LCIS)
Application: August 05
CFAT/Interview/Medical: Oct 05
Merit Listed: Nov 05
Job Offer: Dec 05
Sworn In: Dec 05
BMQ  :army: : Jan 06

See you on the other side!!  :threat:
Go ARMY Go  :cdn:

First of all i would like to dedicate this to Stinky aka "ManWithThePlan".

Well  I got my call for BMQ Jan 16-March 31.  I got the official conformation yesterday.  I don't remember much of the call because i was so excited but I think I might have told the Cpl that I loved him, not too sure though things are a little fuzzy.  But last week when I talked to him he was like I wouldn't be leaving till April.  So this is kind of a surprise.  I get sworn in Jan 11 and have to be in Borden for Jan 14.  He advised me not to dress like a painter when I get sworn in but he has nothing to worry about I had my outfit picked out two months ago....(yes I'm just a tad excited). 

I did my CFAT in Feb, but my application was put on hold because I was still in school.  So I don't really count that as being part of the waiting period.  I had my medical on Sept 19, PT test on Sept 30, Interview Nov 7, got merit listed Nov 30, called off the record on Dec 5, and official call Dec 6. So my application process went soooooooooooo quick. 

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting.  One piece of advice, be optimistic....It worked for me, to everyone who said being an optimist doesn't work all i have to say is  :p.

Rum

Back