• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Security Screening (AERE) Permanent Resident

adeljithuat

Reaction score
Hey. I am interested in joining the CAF and currently in security screening process of the application (expedite). Does anyone know how long it takes to move to the competition list. I am a permanent resident and have stayed outside the country. Has anyone else gone through security screening being permanent resident? I am applying for AERE. Also, can anyone share insight of being an AERE officer.

Every recruiter I spoke give me different timeframe. But frequently hearing 6-24 months. Been in Canada about 5 years. Not sure that will help to speed up.

@PuckChaser do you know about AERE officers. Do we get to choice which area we go into in AERE. I do like fighters of project management.
No, but we do have quite a few folks around the forum that are RCAF officers and either are AERE or served closely with them. Ultimately you'll get to voice what interests you, but like any trade you'll be posted to the needs of the service for your skillset.

Back