• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rules for dating the RSM's daughter

Thompson, for the love of god......pray for a boy........................

just kidding, girls are great, an experience like no other......and very humbling. If nothing else you'll learn your faults........

I just got back from being out and about with my kids and we see this kid;  16 years old, frizzy red hair 'fro'ed out to his shoulders, scraggly goatee, skaterboy clothes.  My  2 1/2 year old daughter sees him and exclaims in a voice that is just dripping with disdain "HEY!  HE'S GOT GIRL HAIR!".  The kids three buddies at the table with him all fall down laughing/crying (all three had short hair) .  I couldn't have been more proud.

That is too funny...but like I have said, we girls have a mind of our own and all the daddy protection in the world will not take away that desire for that special someone regardless of what dad thinks.

So many protective dads here...so nice to see.

There are gentlemen left out there  :salute:

Hot Lips said:
That is too funny...but like I have said, we girls have a mind of our own and all the daddy protection in the world will not take away that desire for that special someone regardless of what dad thinks.

So many protective dads here...so nice to see.

There are gentlemen left out there  :salute:

Thank god girls got a mind of their own....

My Daughter is 17. Not biologically, but with all my heart still my Daughter, Hot lips is right, no matter what, teens, not just the girls,  will always use their own brains, all you can do as a father, parent, or step parent is hope what you have taught them morally, they will carry with them for the rest of their life. Through experience, I will tell you, the majority of teenagers are listening, even if you do not think they are. If you teach your kids right from wrong, and good family, an social values, no matter what else happens, they will always make you proud, as my 17 year old has me. It will never be a road paved with roses, but nothing worth having is easy.......

I have a 19 year old, and a 14 year old daughter.  They both started boxing with me when they were 5.  My oldest girl has a right jab that would catch a mongoose flat footed.  I got this story second hand from a very reliable source:  Oldest girl in the local liquor pit, just doing the normal thing.  Local manure spreader, known to me, walks up and begins to drunkenly maul her.  My princess says to him "here's your choice, either I call my dad right now, and he WILL come down here and clean your clock, or you and I go outside",(she's 5' 5, about 105 lbs by the way).  Our hero goes for option B, figuring he can take a little girl any day.  From my source:" well, she jabbed him on the button twice.  He threw a telegraph, she stepped inside it and fed him a combination to the breadbasket, and stepped back, fight ends".  I was so proud, I bought her a steak dinner!... and my youngest is even faster...... >:D  He should have taken door #1, I guess...

My buddies and I were having a backyard BBQ last summer at a single Dad's place. His girl is princess numero uno in the world but has a wicked tomboy streak in her. We were watching her and some other neighborhood kids playing around when this boy about her age stole her trike and began pedalling down the hill away from everyone. She looked up at us to see what we'd do but her father just hollered for her to go after him, that he wasn't going to help. She found another downed trike and set off after the little thief, pedalling like crazy, she pulled up along side and give him a slight kick - over he went, came up in tears and she marched away with the trike - all to our gales of laughter.

Mike, I don't what you are inferring by that statement.

Do you agree with him not sticking up for the young one or do you think he neglected his duties as a father. Please clarify that for me.

Banman said:
Mike, I don't what you are inferring by that statement.

Do you agree with him not sticking up for the young one or do you think he neglected his duties as a father. Please clarify that for me.

Hopefully he was being serious, and agrees that girls can fight their own battles.  Thats your best bet for raising a daughter that won't take any crap when she gets older. 

I introduced my oldest to "how to hurt guys" early on:  PPCT, takedowns, hold breaking etc, as well as having her meet and become familiar with an old friend of mine, a Mr. John Browning, and his handiwork.  She was comfortable with John's pistol and shotgun.

My youngest is getting the same intro.  She has joined Army Cadets and is a deadly accurate shot with a rifle.

I now have to sneak into her room and put up her new "Laura Croft" and "Lt Jordan O'Neil" posters.

My "princess" (cause that's what she wants to be, I am told) starts karate next month. Trying to get ninerdomestic to let her try lacrosse this summer (so far, no dice).
She's all girl, likes pink stuff, barbies and everything. She also likes ninja movies (you know, the really good ones our wives usually don't appreciate for the fine art that they are, no blood or death scenes though, they're just sleeping  ;)), hockey fights, dragons, and fencing (the sword type, not the farm type), and paintball  :cam:. It is going to be an interesting ride to see what she decides to try out as she gets older. Just wish the time would not go by so fast.  :'(

The princess thing has potential:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Leia

You migh want to keep a grip on this sort of nonsense, though:

http://www.leiasmetalbikini.com/members/whatsnew.html

Just trying to be helpful...

;D

Tom

zipperhead_cop said:
Hopefully he was being serious, and agrees that girls can fight their own battles.  Thats your best bet for raising a daughter that won't take any crap when she gets older. 

That was the lesson of this, if any was learned. This guy's girl is tough and he knew it and so he let her go at it. I think she looked up at us more for permission to go thump this kid. When she heard Daddy wasn't coming to help she perceived that permission had been granted and went and thumped away.

My favourite technique was a knee to the groin when a guy did not understand "NO"(sorry guys - I can hear you all cringe from over here.)

Wookilar said:
My "princess" (cause that's what she wants to be, I am told) starts karate next month. Trying to get ninerdomestic to let her try lacrosse this summer (so far, no dice).
She's all girl, likes pink stuff, barbies and everything. She also likes ninja movies (you know, the really good ones our wives usually don't appreciate for the fine art that they are, no blood or death scenes though, they're just sleeping  ;)), hockey fights, dragons, and fencing (the sword type, not the farm type), and paintball  :cam:. It is going to be an interesting ride to see what she decides to try out as she gets older. Just wish the time would not go by so fast.  :'(

Get her into field hockey.  When I was in high school, the football team was taking up both of the fields, offence on one, defence on the other.  The girls field hockey team wanted a field, and we of course countered that "girl sports were not as important" and they could wait.  They challenged us:  they would play us a game of football if we would play them a game of field hockey.  Having seen the unbridled savagery of their play, we shrunk like mist in the morning sun and gave up the north field without another word.  We were young and dumb, but could still pick our battles!

I have to agree zip - I`d go watch field hockey instead of rugby when I wanted to watch senseless violence...

MM

medicineman said:
I have to agree zip - I`d go watch field hockey instead of rugby when I wanted to watch senseless violence...

MM

You ever see a game of Women's rugby? Vicious!

Of course, I'll play Rugger over field hockey..

Back