• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Role of Armour on the new front

George Wallace said:
A Reg Force CC could not Command my Coyote unless they had a CC Crse, yet a Reserve MCpl and Sgt could be parachuted in, with no Coyote Crses at all, and be permitted to CC.

GW

George,

That is a false statement. A Res CC would be able to CC only what he was qual'd on. ie: a LUVW C&R. He would not be able, under the new rules, to CC a F ech veh. At the very least he would need a Turret Safety course, simply to admin move the vehicle. To move it tactically would require the whole gambit of courses a Reg CC has to take.

In my opinion all that the MGS is going to do is what the Couger's did and is to provide fire support to the infantry. God bless fire support :salute:

mcnutt_p said:
In my opinion all that the MGS is going to do is what the Couger's did and is to provide fire support to the infantry. God bless fire support :salute:

Wrong!   If you think that, you had better keep your head down.   Would you rather have a big 105 mm gun giving you intimate fire support along side you as you assault an Objective, or someone firing that big gun over your head and hopefully not killing you with the Discarding Sabot, or "Drop Shorts"?    :eek:  If they are to be used only in the Fire Base, off to the flank, they should have a very high degree of Cross Country Mobility; and they don't.

;D

GW

recceguy said:
George,

That is a false statement. A Res CC would be able to CC only what he was qual'd on. ie: a LUVW C&R. He would not be able, under the new rules, to CC a F ech veh. At the very least he would need a Turret Safety course, simply to admin move the vehicle. To move it tactically would require the whole gambit of courses a Reg CC has to take.

Recce 41

It has already happened.  Nov 2003, a Reserve MCpl and Sgt (No Show) were tasked to CC Coyotes as OPFOR for 5 CMBG workup trg in Ft Drum.  Neither had Coyote qualifications.  I can't find the post that stated the dates and qualifications that are "Grandfathered", but it is here somewhere and rather vague in how it will be implemented.

Whoever made that post on Crew Commander Qualifications from Cougars to DP3 Crew Commander, please repost for Recce 41......thanks.

GW

George,

You got the wrong Dave. Anyway, that was 2003, not now. I also know about the cross quals for Cougar and DP3CC. Not the same thing. I've been to the conferences and heard it from the horses mouth. Cougar qual WILL NOT give you Coyote quals. To CC a turreted vehicle, you have to be qual'd on that veh.

George Wallace said:
;D   Tooo many Dave's.

There is no such thing as too many Daves...

Dave

Daves I Know
Obtained from: Kids in the Hall FAQ
Transcribed by: meganc@u.washington.edu and modellus@shakala.com and Tom Walsh
Bruce: [Spoken] Hi, I'm Bruce McCulloch. I'd like to tell you about the Daves I know.
[Singing: ]
These are the Daves I know, I know
These are the Daves I know

David Hoffman
He works in my dad's store
He's worked here for 12 years
He'll probably work here for more

Dave Gort
I've known since I was six
In grade eight he broke his leg
So we got drunk and sick

Some of them are Davids
[Dave Gort: But most of us are Daves]
They all have their own hands
But they come from different moms

Dave Jadiski
Man, this cat can swing
He weighs almost 50 pounds
And he delivers my paper on time

Dave Capisano
I hardly know him
[Bruce stands around, looking vaguely uncomfortable for the rest of the measure]

[Next two measures sung by the Daves Bruce knows: ] We are the Daves he knows, he knows
We are the Daves he knows
We are the Daves he knows, he knows
We are the Daves he knows

Some of us them are Davids
But most of us are Daves
We all have our own hands
But we come from different moms

[Daves: We are the Daves he knows, he knows]
[All: These are the Daves]

Zipper said:
Oh GOD! It could only get worse if they were Bruce.

"Is your name not Bruce then?   That's going to cause a lot of confusion around here..."

Back