• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC/ROTP 2024-2025

I was accepted to RMC and I received my offer last Thursday, but 13 years is a lot of time to sign away. I'm not too sure if I should accept, or continue my civvie schooling. I was accepted as an Infantry Officer. Any thoughts?

I was accepted to RMC and I received my offer last Thursday, but 13 years is a lot of time to sign away. I'm not too sure if I should accept, or continue my civvie schooling. I was accepted as an Infantry Officer. Any thoughts?
Correct me if anything has changed, but you get the possibility to release within your first year at RMC without any repercussions (no need to repay them for education, etc). Afterward, you will owe them for your education at RMC, but you still can release anytime. You can always finish your Civvie degree and enter as DEO or even NCM for shorter contracts.

Paid education where your time as a student is fully pensionable; guaranteed employment, training and experience on graduation; opportunities to do things the overwhelming majority of Canadians will never do (how many people outside the CAF have fired an anti-tank rocket? Rappelled out of a helicopter? Completed a PAR?); and over $85k for education and training if you have at least 12 years of service when you leave.

Once you graduate you will have multiple different jobs; most postings last 2 or 3 years. It's not same old same old day after day, year after year.

Congrats btw!

I have a feeling all of aircrew will hear at the same time.
Yeah I think so too. My recruiter told me pilot selections were on Apr 7, but that was a Sunday so I’m thinking it might have been a typo and they’re on Apr 17? Would sort of make sense timewise too!

Yeah I think so too. My recruiter told me pilot selections were on Apr 7, but that was a Sunday so I’m thinking it might have been a typo and they’re on Apr 17? Would sort of make sense timewise too!
Do you think that would include aerospace engineers?

Do you think that would include aerospace engineers?
Hmmm i wouldn’t surprised either was honestly. Who knows how they do their selections - could be for all the ROTP trades at once or maybe just one trade at a time… I would probably guess the latter though and they normally wait a while longer for ACSO/PLT/AEC so i would’ve sort of figured that most of the other trades would be done by now. But then again, your guess is as good as mine.
Maybe give your CFRC a call and ask if they have any idea when selections will happen?

For those of you who have received your offer, how long did you have to accept it? I thought I saw somewhere two weeks. Thanks.

Back