• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rmc academic prerequisites

M00SE

Reaction score
Hey all, I currently have received a conditional offer for RMC which states that I must maintain a 75% average in all of my classes. My current overall average will be well above 75% however in my chemistry class I did not do well on 2 of my 4 tests. Because of this my mark will be in the 70’s but I don’t think I can reach the 75% average. I’ve spoken to my teacher and he’s unable to help me. Is RMC really strict about the 75%? All of my other classes are good as for my averages.

Hey all, I currently have received a conditional offer for RMC which states that I must maintain a 75% average in all of my classes. My current overall average will be well above 75% however in my chemistry class I did not do well on 2 of my 4 tests. Because of this my mark will be in the 70’s but I don’t think I can reach the 75% average. I’ve spoken to my teacher and he’s unable to help me. Is RMC really strict about the 75%? All of my other classes are good as for my averages.
You should contact RMC admissions and ask this question since they will be able to give you the best answer. If your teacher refuses to help, you can speak to your principal/vice principal/guidance counsellor and explain the situation about your offer being potentially revoked and see what they can do, you’ll also probably have an exam for chemistry and if you nail it you may still be able to get 75 in the course. This is what the force’s website says about academic averages:

Academic Qualifications RMC​

To qualify for admission to RMC, a candidate must have a 75% academic average and 75% in all prerequisite courses to apply, and be in the process of completing or have completed secondary school at a university preparatory level (Grade 12 or the provincial equivalent).

So it may depend whether chemistry is a prerequisite course but RMC’s admission office will tell you for sure.

You should contact RMC admissions and ask this question since they will be able to give you the best answer. If your teacher refuses to help, you can speak to your principal/vice principal/guidance counsellor and explain the situation about your offer being potentially revoked and see what they can do, you’ll also probably have an exam for chemistry and if you nail it you may still be able to get 75 in the course. This is what the force’s website says about academic averages:

Academic Qualifications RMC​

To qualify for admission to RMC, a candidate must have a 75% academic average and 75% in all prerequisite courses to apply, and be in the process of completing or have completed secondary school at a university preparatory level (Grade 12 or the provincial equivalent).

So it may depend whether chemistry is a prerequisite course but RMC’s admission office will tell you for sure.
Hey thanks for the reply. I’ve since negotiated with my teacher that if I nail my exams and get my mark close he will bump it up to the required 75%. Just gotta do well on this exam and it should be fine

Back