• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Retired combat engineer

Gerard

Inactive
Reaction score
:)

I can honestly say, the best years of my life, now closing on 53, was in the military as a combat engineer, from 1981 to 1991....left the military in 1991 to take a civilian job and have never experienced the closeness of the military life...nothing to-date has even come close....so to all you young sappers, no matter how tough you may think the military life is, the grass is not green on the other side....Chimo.

Roger that, left the Reg For Infantry in 1989, 3 years of UNB later I was managing a wholesale firm with 30 employees and 4 locations, working 16 hour days, travelling across the province on my own dime and making $3000 less than an Corporal.  There was no green grass in civie land!  Glad to be back full time since 1996!

congrats on getting back in the military, my son is currently in the military and posted to petawawa...armour core, (Cpl Joe)

Back