• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves: Open House / Job Fairs [Merged]

Lumber said:
Why are they offering $30k a year plus all academic expenses, and we're only getting $18k a year plus academic expenses at RMC? Humbug, I say. Humbug.

R&Q

Sythen said:
yea cause expecting to be paid equally is foolish and you should be ashamed!

The world ain't fair.

Want to get paid more in ROTP? Join the reserves first.

What a great job fair that was, Fredericton always does things in a big way! This event should become an annual event and rival the Halifax International Tattoo. Nice touch to have George Canyon as the guest of honour to enrol the new recruits, he has been on a show tour for the troops many times and is Honourary Colonel for 14 Wg Greenwood. Way to go CFRC Fredericton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings,

Open House invitation

At the Naval Reserve Division of Montreal

Saturday November 13, 2010 from 14h30 to 16h30 At 3525 rue St-Jacques

-Guided tours of the Naval Reserve unit of Donnacona.

-Kiosks to introduce Naval Reserve trades.

-Coffee and Donuts offered.

For more information, please contact,
Sub-Lieutenant Nicolas Groulx 514-283-6517 (ext 214)

http://www.army-armee.forces.gc.ca/en/events/reserve-openhouse.page#ArmouryList

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard on global news while they were reporting on this topic that the "The Canadian Army is also reducing the length of time required for a person to join the Reserve Force, to 30 days."
Any truth to this?

sask said:
I heard on global news while they were reporting on this topic that the "The Canadian Army is also reducing the length of time required for a person to join the Reserve Force, to 30 days."
Any truth to this?

Yes. Recruiting has been expedited. The intent now is that two visits to the armory should suffice to join the reserves, and it seems to be going alright.

Does this speed up the process after your medical files have been sent to Ottawa because i have been waiting for my medical to be cleared for a month now

This is for the Reserve Force only and the expedition is in relation to background checks; if there's an issue with a medical than the file still has to be cleared by the RMO.

Eye In The Sky said:
So, how exactly is this expedited background check happening?

ERC is basically a CPIC check and some reference calls. It's been outsourced to a civilian company for years in recruiting and was done in under 30 days in a majority of cases. I got my volunteering CPIC and VSS completed by the OPP in under 2 weeks, and they only have 1 person doing it for the area.

Major slowdown was the medical portion.

But how are they doing it faster now?  Specifically for Res recruits?  And why just for Res?

Eye In The Sky said:
But how are they doing it faster now?  Specifically for Res recruits?  And why just for Res?

The big problem is still the backlog at the RMO. It's killing us slowly, of course, and there's not much we can do about it except not attract too many people who will get browned off waiting too long.

Just wondering if this nation wide open house at all the a armouries had any affect. Be curious to see if their was an increase in the number of applications to join the reserves (and thus an increase in people on the ground). I am sure somebody is looking at the numbers.

dangerboy said:
Just wondering if this nation wide open house at all the a armouries had any affect. Be curious to see if their was an increase in the number of applications to join the reserves (and thus an increase in people on the ground). I am sure somebody is looking at the numbers.
Our regiment has had lots of inquiries and applicants have begun the process. We had quite a few folks show up in Calgary. More advertising would be beneficial. From our side it was worth it.

There's a Term of
Eye In The Sky said:
I blieve it's a conditional Terms of Service (I believe it's 6months); a Reservist can be enrolled while waiting for their security clearance to be returned.  If there's any issues that would make it so the person can't be in then the TOS won't be renewed.  I'm not really involved with PRes enrollments so would need to double check the policy; but I believe that's how it works.  I'll look for the policy when I return to work.

So reservists can be enrolled after their medical has been cleared by the RMO? Or shortly after?

sask said:
So reservists can be enrolled after their medical has been cleared by the RMO? Or shortly after?
It depends on what else is required to be completed on their file.  Each file is different so a blanket "yes" isn't an answer I am willing to give to that question.  Your Reserve Recruiter is the best source of information for your file.

Canadian army reserve open house, September 29, 2018

http://www.army-armee.forces.gc.ca/en/news-publications/national-news-details-no-menu.page?doc=explore-careers-on-september-29-2018-at-canada-wide-army-reserve-open-house-and-job-fair/jle2v6l1

Back