• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Request for equivalency after 20 years

brunet071

Inactive
Reaction score
I am applying on the following trades.

1. Water tech
2. ASOP
3. ACOP

I had prior service as a reservist. Did four years as a infantry ncm and three as an officer.
I released in the mid 90s so I never figured a PLR or equivalency would be part of the process. It wasn't for water tech but the Montreal office just told me that a request for equivalency was initiated out of Kingston for the AF trades…

I am wondering why they would do that.

Is this an automatic thing if you have prior service?

Welcome to Army.ca

Yes, if you have had any prior service they will automatically do a PLAR to assess you for qualifications and Time in trade towards other aspects. For example, RSBP (recruit school by-pass), trades qualifications and rank and pay purposes. I would assume after 20 years you will be re-doing basic and start as a Pte 0, but the PLAR will assess all of this.

Thanks,

That's exactly what the recruitment center told me. They are just surprised to see a request for equivalency coming out of Kingston when the PLAR was already done for the army trade.

Is the AF and Army doing their own separate evaluations?

My only logical conclusion is that the AF is bringing back the FNC1.  ;D

Leeworthy said:
Welcome to Army.ca

Yes, if you have had any prior service they will automatically do a PLAR to assess you for qualifications and Time in trade towards other aspects. For example, RSBP (recruit school by-pass), trades qualifications and rank and pay purposes. I would assume after 20 years you will be re-doing basic and start as a Pte 0, but the PLAR will assess all of this.

PLAR requests will end up going to CFRG in Borden. They handle them all. So Kingston may be compiling the info required and sending it off to be looked at.

Water tech? What do they do?? ;)

I guess you meant WFE Tech...

Back