• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Replacing vehicles and weapons info

Kitanna

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any info on some vehicles/weapons/equipment that the CF is replacing or removing and how it might affect the responsibilities to the UN and to Canadian soldiers? Thanks! As much as possible is great appreciated! :) :cdn:

Random Plug: http://members.cox.net/impunity/endofworld.swf - Majorly hilarious!

The Iltis is being replaced by the Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon. Which is supposed to be a more capable vehicle. The reserves are getting Milverado‘s. So now we‘ll look like Al-Queda Canadian Contingency. The only thing that might effect our respondsibilities is training everyone on the new vehicle. (Milverado‘s will not see oversea‘s service..."supposedly".)

Ya lets get more vehicles instead of have one genaric vehicle for the jeep/light truck role. I have also heard that Recce (infantry) may get Brutes or Humvees because they are losing their Coyotes. Either way we should have one good all-around multi-purpose light truck for jeep and light truck roles. One set of parts, one set of training for the mechanics and drivers etc.

As much as possible is great appreciated!
Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101.htm

most up-to-date info on Canadian military technology and equipment that I know of. :cdn:

I don‘t know why we don‘t pick up some humvee‘s, those thing‘s are tough liddle buggers.

blown_hmmv.JPG
The end result of a mine strike in an uparmored hmmv all 5 walked away

What type of mine did that Humvee hit?

An anti-pers mine can disable a light veh. Any anti-tank mine will do that kind of damage. The real problem comes when they start stacking them.

Probably the sameone that iltis hit in Afganistan. I was in Meaford last weekend and I saw a few of those "milverados" in the veh compound. Put a 50 mount on the back and you recce guys will blend in perfectly with the technicals your looking for!! :D

Hah! you‘d have to paint them bright red first...

oh were they......

Originally posted by Kirkpatrick S J E:
[qb]
As much as possible is great appreciated!
Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101.htm

most up-to-date info on Canadian military technology and equipment that I know of. :cdn: [/qb]
I really enjoyed the site...Good post. :cdn:

Umm.. not that I like the Navy a whole lot but do you guys have any info on the other two elements? possibly? please? ^_^

The navy is getting aircraft carriers with F/A-18E Super Hornets and the airforce is getting attack choppers and F/A-22 Raptors and F/A-35‘s.

pffffffffffftttt...in my wet dreams. :fifty: :gunner:

I was surprised they were painted olive and not cadpad. The CF will release them to their designated units first,then re issue in the proper colour scheme, just like our jackets wind, pants, and those fish gutter combat snow pants.

Aren‘t the current CF-18‘s being painted in the new CADPAT (Sky) scheme?

That really depends on how much over budget they can go and if the paint and labour is located in le belle de provence!

they better not paint the F-18‘s in cadpat! ugh... death...

Back