• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Religious/Extremist Terrorism: Non-Muslim edition

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

Psychologists/sociologists must have a name for the way in which people will believe oddball stuff on not very much evidence, but I don't know what it is. I assume it has something to do with reinforcing political/social prior beliefs. Not sure how else people can flip from being sober skeptics of claims of widespread orchestrated election fraud to being gullible fools about worries of imminent civil war with US armed services taking sides during the legal wrangling after a close presidential election three years from now.

There is going to be more in this vein. Follow the politics. BBB is dead. Midterms in less than 11 months. A lesser BBB and/or a bill to limit states' options for election controls ("voting rights") have been cited as two leading objectives for next year. To support the latter, expect the "democracy in danger" propaganda theme to resume in the media. (It already has.)

The perceived threat of another civil war stared the moment the last one ended. “The South shall rise again!” slogan has morphed into whatever suits the moment. But the sentiment has always remained in the back of the US cultural psyche.

Jan 6th certainly helped cement the possibility on both sides. Sometimes a small thing can make things seem bigger than they really are and some think it can accelerate the process.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

Psychologists/sociologists must have a name for the way in which people will believe oddball stuff on not very much evidence, but I don't know what it is. I assume it has something to do with reinforcing political/social prior beliefs. Not sure how else people can flip from being sober skeptics of claims of widespread orchestrated election fraud to being gullible fools about worries of imminent civil war with US armed services taking sides during the legal wrangling after a close presidential election three years from now.

There is going to be more in this vein. Follow the politics. BBB is dead. Midterms in less than 11 months. A lesser BBB and/or a bill to limit states' options for election controls ("voting rights") have been cited as two leading objectives for next year. To support the latter, expect the "democracy in danger" propaganda theme to resume in the media. (It already has.)
It astounds me that seemingly normal intelligent humanoids will believe the most outlandish things on social media with absolutely no proof, but a "wet paint" sign requires empirical evidence as to it's veracity

Because people wanting them think they'll win.
Those that desire civil war don't realize how bloody they can be. Rwanda, FRY, the US Civil War - and I'm sure there are others - were horribly bloody. Its not neat and tidy - it pits families against their kin, neighbour against neighbour.

From U.S. DOJ: Another one in the U.S. getting jail time ...
Cameron Shea, 25, a leader of the neo-Nazi group Atomwaffen Division, was sentenced today in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington to three years in prison for federal conspiracy and hate crime charges for threatening journalists and advocates who worked to expose anti-Semitism, announced Acting U.S. Attorney Tessa M. Gorman. At the sentencing hearing, U.S. District Judge John C. Coughenour said, “This conduct cannot be tolerated. This kind of conduct has consequences…It is so serious that it requires a serious sentence.” ...

At Tuesday's hearing, Jill Sanborn, the head of the FBI's National Security Branch, told lawmakers that the threat posed by domestic violent extremists is "persistent and evolving." The "most lethal threat" from domestic violent extremists, she said, is posed by white supremacists and anti-government militias.

"Racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists are most likely to conduct mass casualty attacks against civilians, and militia violent extremists typically target law enforcement and government personnel and facilities," she said.

So, just so I've got this right, an infinitesimally small percentage of people in uniform across all branches of the military signed up for the Loony Toons fan club, and this is headline news? Shock! Gasp! Horror! Wasn't there a snowstorm or something going on somewhere they could report on?

So, just so I've got this right, an infinitesimally small percentage of people in uniform across all branches of the military signed up for the Loony Toons fan club, and this is headline news? Shock! Gasp! Horror! Wasn't there a snowstorm or something going on somewhere they could report on?
I don’t think that sort of thing should be minimized.

Active service members in fringe or terrorist organisations is going to make news. A section’s worth of trained soldiers properly equipped could make one hell of a mess.

I don’t think that sort of thing should be minimized.

Active service members in fringe or terrorist organisations is going to make news. A section’s worth of trained soldiers properly equipped could make one hell of a mess.
Active service members are recruited from the populace, not germinated in conformity farms. If it's out there, it's in the military, and apparently in miniscule numbers.

Back