• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Release Message - "Aptitude"

Meridian

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

While I've been quite easily able to find (thanks George) the Articles for Release, and what a 4 (c) is, I can't seem to find what Aptitude "A" means?

(from my release message):

7. LIB 4C [date] APTITUDE A

Can anyone assist in the decryption?

I believe CANFORGEN 093/06 terminated the use of suitability factors:

CANFORGEN 093/06 CMP 044 161732Z MAY 06
TERMINATION OF ASSIGNMENT OF SUITABILITY FACTORS
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. CFAO 15-2 RELEASE - REGULAR FORCE
B. QR AND O 6.01 ENROLMENT - REGULAR FORCE
C. 5350-0 (DMHRR) 13 DEC 05

1. THE PURPOSE OF THIS CANFORGEN IS TO DIRECT THAT, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, SUITABILITY FACTORS NO LONGER BE APPLIED TO MEMBERS OF THE REGULAR FORCE OR RESERVE FORCE ON RELEASE. ORIGINALLY INTENDED TO EXPEDITE EMERGENCY RE-ENROLMENT OF MEMBERS WITH FORMER SERVICE, THESE FACTORS HAVE BEEN APPLIED INCREASINGLY FOR ROUTINE RE-ENROLMENT AS WELL

2. THERE IS NO REGULATION SUPPORTING SUITABILITY FACTORS AND NO POLICY FRAMEWORK TO ENSURE A FAIR AND TRANSPARENT PROCESS FOR ASSIGNING SUITABILITY FACTORS. LEGALLY, MEMBERS ARE TO BE RELEASED UNDER THE MOST APPROPRIATE RELEASE ITEM. WHEN APPLICABLE, DISCIPLINARY AND ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIONS ARE TO BE DOCUMENTED

3. ACCORDINGLY, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, THE APPLICATION OF SUITABILITY FACTORS AS A ROUTINE OR EMERGENCY RE-ENROLMENT CRITERION SHALL CEASE

4. POLICY DOCUMENTATION WILL BE AMENDED AS SOON AS PRACTICAL. IN THE MEANTIME, DELETE PARA 8 OF ANNEX A, APPENDIX 3, PART 3, TO REF A

I would contact the release section of the nearest base to confirm this, however.  I'm not a release expert...

Meridian said:
REF: A. PFC 245 CHAP 15
1- Is that the only ref? I ask as they sequenced it using "A." which is only used if more then one ref is being listed, or then it was incorrectly typed.
2- I checked the APM 245 it has been revised a few times since your release "5 years" ago. And as listed above release policy has changed as it always does.

Upon your release you were provided with contacts within DAPPP/DPS in the event you required assistance. That being said your best bet would be to use these contacts as they may be the only ones who could provide you with an official, and accurate, answer.

Thanks all for the assistance.

And yes, the only Ref was the one I mentioned..

This was the old Release Suitability Factor.  The instruction was worded thusly:

Ref:  AIG 1764/42/76 DPIS 3 3210 291900Z SEP 76
1.  A requirement exists to identify former Regular Force members who would be suitable for re-enroment in the CF during an emergency, accordingly, when a member is released or transferred from the Regular Force the CO shall, regardless of release item, recommend whether or not the member could be usefully employed during an emergency for which the CF may request former members to re-enrol or transfer to assist in a rapid expansion of the Forces.  Members being released for drug or alcohol misuse shall not be recommended for re-enrolment.  The CO shall make one of the following suitability recommendations:

a.  employable in MOC without restrictions;
b.  employable in MOC with restrictions; or
c.  not employable.

2.  Effective on all releases or transfers where release or transfer notification message (RTNM) has not yet been dispatched, URS shall commence to display the recommendation. 

Back