• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
quote author=oaktown link=topic=101056/post-1117465#msg1117465 date=1329949866]
Yes, from what I understood you would need to go into first year but afterwards if you had transfer credits you'd be sitting in higher standing - back in 2nd/3rd year.
[/quote]

Thank you for the insight oaktown.

Cui - when they said they MPO was opened again, they did not inform me that there was only one spot available. They have already ran the MPOAC for the year, so they would make their selection based on the results of that test.

Well this looks like the last update.  It really is just waiting now, passed the ACSO test on Thursday (it was Feb 23rd, not 22nd good thing I checked) so I am on the merit list for that as well.  Now all that's left is to keep working out and hope that everything goes well.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (ROTP)
Trade Choice 1: Pilot AEC
Trade Choice 2: Log O
Trade Choice 3: ACSO
Application Date: August 22nd, 2011
First Contact: August 30th, 2011
Aptitude:  September 14th, 2011
Medical:  September 20th, 2011
Interview completed: November 15th, 2011(Pilot, suitable but not competitive)
                                  Early December (AEC)
                                  February 15th (Log O+ACSO)
Aircrew Selection:      Passed January 12th, 2012
                                  ACSO test Feb 23rd (Passed)
Merit Listed:              February 13th (AEC) Febuary 24th Log O and ACSO
Position Offered:
Enrollment date:
Basic Training Begins:

I'm not sure if anyone looked at last years forum but if I remember there were WAY more posts and members...do we think there is less applying this year? Or just less using the site to ask questions and update others?

In all honesty it is still February, and the "2011- 2012" page had 53 pages, in just the past week we have added about 3 pages. I think as things pick up (March, April, May) more people will pop their heads in, and more people will be communicating on their successes and failures.

But hey maybe there is more "people" from last year, rather than this year, I have zero clue to that!

They were on page 23 at this time last year, but were at page 17 at the start of December.

LOLslamball said:
They were on page 23 at this time last year, but were at page 17 at the start of December.

I just noticed that, maybe there are less people all together, that'd be nice! Only helps us all out haha

There are plenty of ROTP applicants, and applications in progress.  Not everyone knows about or cares to go on web forums.

So I put down RMC as my first choice for universities, is this flexible? If I get into the program, hopefully,  could I go to another school? Currently I have been accept into Carleton,  Mac and Queens for engineering. Also how to transfer credits work, when I finish high school I will have nine. Does this mean I can skip first year?

Thanks for your help!

As far as I know you will (hopefully) be given an offer that will be for one trade, and one university, (RMC or not) It is then yours to accept or decline.

Feel free to correct me if I have it wrong.

1moorek said:
So I put down RMC as my first choice for universities, is this flexible? If I get into the program, hopefully,  could I go to another school? Currently I have been accept into Carleton,  Mac and Queens for engineering. Also how to transfer credits work, when I finish high school I will have nine. Does this mean I can skip first year?

Thanks for your help!

For the University part of the question, you can still call and tell your recruiter that you would like to put RMC not as you're first choice. However from my understanding they may still offer a placement through RMC. Which I assume someone else who has actually had experience with this could answer..

For the high school part, I don't totally understand you're question "when i finish high school I will have nine" haha sorry!

1moorek said:

Thanks for your help!

There is a form that is sent to the CFRCs that says whether or not they are suitable  for subsidization (ROTP) at a Civi U in either arts/sci/eng and RMC.  If your says you are suitable for Civi U eng and you have an offer of acceptance from Civi U's and thats the route you want to pursue, then you need to contact the CFRC handling your file and discuss it with them, as there may be other factors involved that may make you more or less competitive as a candidate depending on the route you take, things like your CFAT score, how high or low you scored in your interview etc.

canada94 said:
For the high school part, I don't totally understand you're question "when i finish high school I will have nine" haha sorry!

what I mean by this is that I will have nine university credits when I finish high school, does this I mean I can skip first year? 

How did you manage to acquire 9 university credits while in high school?

1moorek said:
what I mean by this is that I will have nine university credits when I finish high school, does this I mean I can skip first year?

Nine credits at university typically means three courses (depending on the school).  A full year at university is normally worth 10 courses (30 credits) depending on the program, it could easily be more.  Also, "university" credits earned in high school are often not recognized - the universities you are interested in should have transfer credit guides that you might want to investigate. 

For offers - RMC is the militarys school, its their first choice, its their bread and butter. Whether you put RMC or not they will fill RMC first with who they want there. For example I was finished my first year at civi u when I got my offer and it was for RMC and I didn't even put RMC on my application. Your offer will come, it will be very standard - your rank, your pay grade, what year you will be in and where, how much time you will serve and what uniform you will be wearing (army, navy, air). I went back and forth for 2 months trying to get them to change mine to a civi U offer, and to recognize my current pay grade in the reserves - because your pay can never go down in the forces I.E. If you are at pay level 5 for rank X and are promoted to rank Y typically your pay goes back to pay level 1 for the new rank, but if pay level 5 for rank X was higher, you should stay at that pay. They wouldnt budge on either. Lastly I would suspect that most civi U offers will be for people who are either already done a year or 2 at civi U, or are in a program that is not offered at RMC I.E. Environmental Studies, etc. Otherwise I suspect whether you put RMC or not, the offers this year will primarily be for RMC.

As for your 9 university credits did you just take highschool university level courses as opposed to college? For my school it was in grade 9 and 10 applied and academic then it switched to college, mixed: college/ university or university courses. Those are not actual university credits...just the ones required to get into university. If by chance you managed to some how get 9 university credits - something I've NEVER heard of then you should go into your student services building at civi U or the PLAR section (they have a website and email) at RMC to get them recognized and put on your transcript.

1moorek said:

High school "university credits"

are different than that of actual University credits, unless you somehow have 9 credits from an accredited university.

oaktown said:
For offers - RMC is the militarys school, its their first choice, its their bread and butter. Whether you put RMC or not they will fill RMC first with who they want there. For example I was finished my first year at civi u when I got my offer and it was for RMC and I didn't even put RMC on my application. Your offer will come, it will be very standard - your rank, your pay grade, what year you will be in and where, how much time you will serve and what uniform you will be wearing (army, navy, air). I went back and forth for 2 months trying to get them to change mine to a civi U offer, and to recognize my current pay grade in the reserves - because your pay can never go down in the forces I.E. If you are at pay level 5 for rank X and are promoted to rank Y typically your pay goes back to pay level 1 for the new rank, but if pay level 5 for rank X was higher, you should stay at that pay. They wouldnt budge on either. Lastly I would suspect that most civi U offers will be for people who are either already done a year or 2 at civi U, or are in a program that is not offered at RMC I.E. Environmental Studies, etc. Otherwise I suspect whether you put RMC or not, the offers this year will primarily be for RMC.

As for your 9 university credits did you just take highschool university level courses as opposed to college? For my school it was in grade 9 and 10 applied and academic then it switched to college, mixed: college/ university or university courses. Those are not actual university credits...just the ones required to get into university. If by chance you managed to some how get 9 university credits - something I've NEVER heard of then you should go into your student services building at civi U or the PLAR section (they have a website and email) at RMC to get them recognized and put on your transcript.

From my understanding there is both a set amount of people for RMC and Civi U, or was that wrong? I know someone was throwing numbers around in here before that actually said it was essentially 50/50 in the amount of people selected for both, of course that is all heresay.

I know I am only Civi U, as I didn't take the required Grade 11 M or U math, I took College, however my recruiter still tells me I am a competitive applicant, reading what you just said freaks me out about my chances however! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back