• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting for the reserves

Dark Avenger

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm new on Army.ca forums and i'm currently in the process of recruiting in the reserves... 031 (Infantry)

I'm shocked and a little confused about my situation... let me tell you about it... On August 10 i first showed up at my recruiting center  with the idea to enlist. I talked to an officer about the reserves and he gived me all the application documents to complete. 5 days later (august 15) i returned all the documents completed to my recruiting officer and that same afternoon... she gave me a date for my CFAT and my interview wich is september 13... next week!

Now, i know that the recruiting process can be pretty long and a real pain in the a** for a lot of people. I've read about people still in the recruiting process after 2 years.

I  just want to know if my situation is unusual!? (CFAT and Interview the same day/ first appointment the day returning my application)
:: confused::            (i know, my english sucks....excuse me)                                                             

usually for the reserves it doesn't take  for long to get in (or at least in my case) The longest thing for recuiting is doing a transfer that can take really long.

Hi CPL!

By transfer, you mean to be transfered to a unit after my BMQ? I also would like to know how long was your recruiting process...from time to your first contact to a position offered?...thanks!!!

it took about 3 months for me to find out i was accepted into the reserves that was about in Nov. and i started course in Feb though school (co-op) and finished the rest of my training that summer and when i say transfer i mean transfer from reserve infantry to reg infantry I'm in the process of this right now and it's been over a year

I did all my tests on seperate days. But I'd say you got lucky, since you seem to be able to get your tests done soon after handing in your application, an getting two done on the same day is pretty lucky, since your doing more at once.

Also, MOC for reserve infantry is R031, 031 is Reg Force

When i did my thing in 1996 i had my CFAT one day & then had the medical & interview another day. Took from mid-July and was sworn in with my unit September 3 of that year. Too bad is isn't all that quick! Enjoy  :cdn:

When i handed in my application for Reg. Force, the Sargeant told me he had ti ship it all off to the priority office in Toronto, and i would be hearin a call from them within 2 weeks. I got a call 6 days later with my test dates.

Almost the same situation here.

I received my applications the thursday night I went for the information orientation. I filled them out in a matter of three days (I mean I finished the whole package in 3 days) I brought my applications in the following thursday. I was told I would be getting a call back in 2-3 weeks, it's been two weeks so far, I just hope this is the week they phone me. I just hope I get all my tests on the same day and be ready for the october 1st selection board ( I believe that's what it's called )

Thanks to all that are sharing their experiences. Well looks like i got very lucky to have a appointment for the CFAT and Interview the day that i returned my Application forms. I hope that my FT and medical will come as fast as the CFAT & Interview.

BTW... does the CFAT really tough??? I'm curious about the percentage of people who fail the aptitude test.

Dark Avenger said:
BTW... does the CFAT really tough??? I'm curious about the percentage of people who fail the aptitude test.

Some will say it was hard, some will say it was a breeze. Different people get different results. It depends on your background. And honestly who cares? If we all said 60% fail, what would you do?

Search the forum for tips on what to brush up on before the CFAT and go and give it your best shot!

Good Luck!

No, no. Like I said, search the forum for tips. Actually just type "CFAT" in the search bar. *Sigh*, let me get you started  ;)

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/32923.0.html
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/23193.0.html
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/34069.0.html

Inside these links, a number of sites have been included that may point out some things you will need to brush up on. Keep in mind that there are some things that you simply can not study for. You either have the ability or don't. There is a wealth of information in there regarding study aids etc.

Go in there thinking it is a small step that you have to take on the path to what you wanna do. You are going to get the required score for 031 and there is no question about it and most importantly RELAX! Get plenty of rest the night before; you'll do fine. This is by far the most important thing to do.

On a different note, I see you are in Ottawa. If you don't mind me asking, which unit did you apply for? When does your BMQ potentially start?

Thank you for your help MG!!! The topics about the CFAT is really handy.

You would like to know to what unit i applied... i applied to the GGFG... i know they are recruiting for the fall period. About the BMQ...i don't have any idea when it may start!

:Cheers: 

Back