• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Receiving mixed information with regards to merit list/job offer.

aesthetics

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents,

First and foremost I want to say that I have read many threads with regards to this topic, but would still appreciate any additional information!

I have completed my interview and medical on Aug. 26 and the captain who conducted my interview said my file was highly competitive (I feel like they tell this to everyone) and that he could immediately place me on the merit list. My first and only occupational choice is Communicator Research Operator (land) and I simply wanted to know if anyone had a bit of inormation regarding potential selections for this job and estimated BMQ dates. I understand time does not simply exist in th CF and I respect the waiting game regardless of my excitement level.

Good luck to everyone in a similar position as me, looking forward to your responses!

Take care.

aesthetics said:
I have completed my interview and medical on Aug. 26 and the captain who conducted my interview said my file was highly competitive (I feel like they tell this to everyone) and that he could immediately place me on the merit list. My first and only occupational choice is Communicator Research Operator (land) and I simply wanted to know if anyone had a bit of inormation regarding potential selections for this job and estimated BMQ dates. I understand time does not simply exist in th CF and I respect the waiting game regardless of my excitement level.

Comm Research is CLOSED for the year.  Next selections probably won't be until Feb or Mar 15 for BMQ's starting after 1 Apr 15.

Thanks for the response DAA, it's greatly appreciated. The captain who conducted my interview said that I was not going to be affected by that though. He told me exactly what you just mentioned but said I would be part of an earlier wave of selections (before it closed for the year). Any idea what he means by that?

Thanks in advance!

aesthetics said:
Thanks for the response DAA, it's greatly appreciated. The captain who conducted my interview said that I was not going to be affected by that though. He told me exactly what you just mentioned but said I would be part of an earlier wave of selections (before it closed for the year). Any idea what he means by that?

Thanks in advance!

They may have made the bad assumption that they would have you Merit Listed in time for the Aug selections but probably missed the cut-off.

Back