• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP+Terrorism

canada22

Inactive
Reaction score
I am interested in Joining the RCMP or CSIS. I was looking for more information on the RCMP about combating terrorism. I have a few questions ... Is there a specific Terrorism unit within the RCMP? Is it three years before you can apply to specialty units, what about deployments with the international policing?( I was reading on the website about some of the current operations). I am also interested in the CSIS its sounds alot like the CIA is that a fair assumption?

Run a search before posting, this has more than likely been covered before.
As for your question, I don't think the RCMP has a CT unit.
This is the only website I know that is anywhere closely related to Canada and Counter-Terrorism.
http://www.ops.forces.gc.ca/units/jtf2/default_e.asp
I truly wish you good luck. You'll need it if you want to get in on that stuff.
And let's not turn this into another JTF thread, people!  :-\

BSmith12 said:
Run a search before posting, this has more than likely been covered before.
As for your question, I don't think the RCMP has a CT unit.
This is the only website I know that is anywhere closely related to Canada and Counter-Terrorism.
http://www.ops.forces.gc.ca/units/jtf2/default_e.asp
I truly wish you good luck. You'll need it if you want to get in on that stuff.
And let's not turn this into another JTF thread, people!   :-\
how about anyone not actually in the know refrain from posting entirely, thereby avoiding looking like a dumbass whan an actual Mountie show up?
Just a thought.

paracowboy said:
how about anyone not actually in the know refrain from posting entirely, thereby avoiding looking like a dumbass whan an actual Mountie show up?
Just a thought.
Just trying to help...  ;D

You're not in the position to provide help so you're cloggin up the thread at best and providing factual incorrect information and affecting the level of professional standing this board aims for.  If you are in the pre-enrollment process and no nothing concrete about the Canadian Forces or the RCMP, let alone their counter-terrorist units/capabilities, take your radio of send to avoid jamming up these means with static....

You could look under the RCMP home page and refer to the two units know as INSET( Integrated National Security Enforcement Team) and IBET (Integrated Border Enforcement Team)...both have an investigative mandate to combat terrorism. If you are thinking of more of the operational side of the coin (Trigger Pullers) that is left to either our Emergency Response Teams or JTF2.  Hope this helps.

Back