• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Raghad said Father must have been drugged before his capture

D

D-n-A

from msnbc.com

Saddam daughter wants an international trial

She tells Arab TV her father was drugged by Americans
Raghad Saddam Hussein, a daughter of the former Iraqi president

DUBAI - Saddam Hussein’s daughter Raghad said on Tuesday she and her sisters wanted an international trial for their father caught by U.S. troops this week

He should not be tried by the (Iraqi) Governing Council which was put in place by occupiers,” Raghad Saddam Hussein told Dubai-based Al Arabiya television by telephone from Jordan.

“We want an international, fair and legal trial,” she said in a voice chock-full of emotion, adding that his family would appoint a lawyer to defend him.

Raghad and her sister Rana, who fled Iraq shortly after U.S. troops took control of Baghdad in April, now live in Jordan which has granted them asylum. The whereabouts of her mother and another sister, Hala, are not clear.

Raghad, Saddam’s eldest daughter, said she could not bear to see the images the U.S. administration in Iraq had broadcast of her father, the former Iraqi dictator who appeared grubby and submissive after his capture on Saturday.

Drugged
Raghad said her father must have been drugged before his capture -- her explanation for the humiliating pictures of a man who was seen by many Arabs as a hero for his anti-Western stance.

“A lion remains a lion even in captivity. Do you think they would have been able to capture him if they had not drugged him? I am sure that they could not have done so,” she said.

I am really proud that this man is my father. We all know the reason why he was displayed in the way he was. Where is the democracy, where is the immunity that presidents enjoy?”

In an interview with Al Arabiya in August, the 36-year-old Raghad accused close aides of her father of betraying him, which caused him to go into hiding for almost eight months.

In 1996 Saddam ordered the killing of the husbands of both Rana and Raghad after accusing them of giving information about Iraq’s weapons to the West.

What a B*llsh*t artist! Apparently the apple doesn‘t fall far from the tree.

"Where is the democracy, where is the immunity that presidents enjoy?”

Hmmn, I was under the impression that he was a Totalitarian Dictator. If it was that simple all along, then he could have just "enjoyed" his democracy months ago. That poor lion.

Propaganda is becoming such good entertainment for everyone. From the gloating President to the south and the questions that he still cannot answer as evidenced by his frustration with Diane Sawyer tonight. My favourite was the "we had enough factual information to act on in order to protect ourselves." Mind producing that information? To the fun "The National" had last night in reminding Canadians of the long involvement of the US with Iraq over the past 25 years and the hypocrisy and double standards which existed as long as the agenda‘s of the west were not challanged at that time. Not to mention the problem that occurs when attempts to tie the former Iraqi government to Al Quaeda - seeing as how the ideologies of these two groups are basically polar opposites. (see the Iraqi cooperation with the west throughout the 70‘s-80‘s above)

It just becomes such a convoluted comedy. And the fingers are continuously changing directions, depending upon the needs of those who are doing the pointing. Such as the former first daughter who is attempting to save her father. How sweet.

I give up. I‘m turning my brain off. ROTK is here, pass the popcorn.

Originally posted by D-n-A:
[qb]
Drugged
Raghad said her father must have been drugged before his capture -- her explanation for the humiliating pictures of a man who was seen by many Arabs as a hero for his anti-Western stance.

“A lion remains a lion even in captivity. Do you think they would have been able to capture him if they had not drugged him? I am sure that they could not have done so,” she said.

I am really proud that this man is my father. We all know the reason why he was displayed in the way he was. Where is the democracy, where is the immunity that presidents enjoy?”
[/qb]
HA HA HA !!! Somebody tell Raghead her daddy is a fookin coward !!! The only thing SH has in common with lions is that neither hesitate to kill some of their own to dominate.
What democracy ???

Back