• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick question

Kate723

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm due to have my medical in a week or so, and I just have a quick question.

This summer I crushed the middle joint in my left middle finger, needed surgery, ongoing psysio, etc( but I can miss time for training), and I still can't FULLY close my fist (I'm only a few degrees off though).

I was just wondering, would this stop me from passing my physical? It's only one finger, and I should have it pretty much fixed by summer...

Any input would be appreciated.

Which hand do you fire with? 
As a generality, and I am no medic, you shouldn't put stress on mending bones.  They have a funny way of healing in a curved pattern.  You will definitely be needing your full grip strength, but if that constitutes a full medical DQ, I couldn't say. 
Remember that you will have that finger for the rest of your life (hopefully).

I'm right handed, so I'd be shooting with that one I'm assuming.

The bones are completely healed (although I'll never be able to get through a metal detector with all the metal in the finger LOL)
My therapist says it won't cause me problems, so hopefully it wont. Thanks for the help!

Thanks!

considering I ignored the finger one for a week before going to the hospital, that might be some difficult advice to follow :P but I'll try :salute:

Kate723 said:
Hi all!

I'm due to have my medical in a week or so, and I just have a quick question.

This summer I crushed the middle joint in my left middle finger, needed surgery, ongoing psysio, etc( but I can miss time for training), and I still can't FULLY close my fist (I'm only a few degrees off though).

I was just wondering, would this stop me from passing my physical? It's only one finger, and I should have it pretty much fixed by summer...

Any input would be appreciated.
I'm no doctor, I'm actually a Medic in training, but I'm pretty sure, when the MO looks at your finger, they are going to ask for a note from your doctor, stating that your finger is completely operational. In the case that you have ongoing physical, I doubt you will be deemed medically fit. It is also in your best intrust to wait a while, because you will be required to perform a hand grip test, and perform physical activities that will require you to bare weight on your hands.( push ups, chin ups, confidence course, and the like). If you still have questions, it would be wise to call your CFRC, and ask to talk to the medical staff.

Back