• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions regarding reserve BMQ/SQ send 'em here.

Pte AJB

Inactive
Reaction score
This past summer I completed reserve BMQ/SQ up in Meaford. Having made it through relatively unscathed, I figured I'd create a post for other potential candidates to put forward questions to someone who a year ago was in the same position they are now. I am hoping to spread some information and hopefully make some more comfortable about joining the CF.

PTE AJB.
4RCR

(All posts added to this thread were separated because they constituted a hijack which was resolved and locked. This thread may now be used for its original purpose.)

Hey, if your in Sierra Coy I'm in your unit. I have been told a lot about how I need to bring both my pair of normal boots on course. i was issued 1 pair of gortex, thats it. Will there be a problem with that? Alsofor the 2L soft canteen. My buddy is a OCdt done his Lv. 4 Ianfantry officer training. He gave me this home made invention which is a canteen lid with a tube though it, you put a cammelback mouthpiece on the end, and run it up over your shoulder on your tack vest. Will I get chewed out for this?

If you were only issued one pair, don't worry about it.

You sure its a home made invention, cause you can buy canteen straws in most kit shops an surplus stores. As for non-issue kit on course, it really depends on the course staff, but I woulden't count on being allowed to use anything that wasn't issue.

Always good to hear from a fellow Sierra Company troop. Bring your canteen straw it'll come in handy during field ex. But for the majority of course the rule of thumb is standardization, you all want to be EXACTLY the same, it makes for one big happy green family. Also, make sure to bring your original issue canteen, cause your buddies most likely wont have the 2 qt. As for the gortex boots you wont likely need them on summer course, but the unit will give you a kit list prior to course so you'll know exactly what to bring. If you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask them.

Pro Patria
PTE AJB

Back