• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

questions on joining

M

mattmac

Kay, i have been thinking of joining the reserves because the past wile i have had a hole lot of nothing to do.
My first question is where do i go to join the reserves? I live in edmonton.
I have glasses, pretty poor vision but with them on i can see perfect. I dont want to be cut from being a ground troop or something because of my glasses. So will i be able to perform in the reserves with glasses?

:fifty:

oh yes i forgot to ask about marijuana.
do they test you and is it threw blood or urine?

to find out where to sign up look under ‘recruiting‘ in the yellow pages, or under ‘National Defence‘ in the blue pages.

as far as your eyesight is concerned, yes it is an issue. if you want to be in the combat arms (infantry, armour, artillery, engineers) you will need a V3 or better as a vision category (don‘t ask me what that is exactly, they don‘t release that kind of info). during your recruiting process your eyesight will be tested and they‘ll tell you what you can and can‘t do. laser eye surgery is an option if you really want to be in those trades, but the army will not pay for any of it, and there is a 6 month waiting period afterwards before they will change your vision category. if you find yourself kept out of the combat arms (like i was) take time to consider the combat support trades, even though it‘s not what i had planned on, i‘m quite happy as a medic.

for the drugs, they don‘t test you for it, but you will be asked about it during your interview and your medical. if you‘ve just used marijuana, i don‘t think they‘ll make a big deal of it so there‘s no point trying to hide it.

hope that helps.

With respect to drugs, DO NOT LIE.. It can come back to bite you in the *** .

First of all it depends on what you are applying for. Im not sure if they are random, but the CF DOES test for drugs, especially on recruitment.

I know of 3 seperate people who have told me they were rejected in the recruiting process for drugs in their system, and Ive heard of several others being placed in programs once in the forces.

Back