• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about equipment us from a civilian

Redeye said:
I seem to recall there was some discussion about the Small Pack being acceptable to use as a day pack out of uniform.  Doing so, however, looks just foolish and I can't stand it - there's perfectly good daypacks out there cheap that aren't military - I don't know why guys carry them so as to draw attention to themselves at school or the gym or wherever, it's always baffled me.

I like the ones who think they can pick up wile wearing there green t-shirts, and a small pack in the regent mall (freddie) on a weekend  ::).

NL_engineer said:
I like the ones who think they can pick up wile wearing there green t-shirts, and a small pack in the regent mall (freddie) on a weekend  ::).

An attempt which is often killed when the young lady says: "Perhaps you know my father, Warrant Officer _______".

I have a friend in the reserves who actually used to where the green t shirts to school because he had "nothing else". Probably because he was NES (no money), but like alot of things in this thread, that's another story.

I only use my rucksack/smallpack when practicing a ruck march, and even then I go into the woods where there aren't many people. With the way I dress, I look just out of the financial district or something...and I feel cooler that way then I would with a puke coloured backpack  ;D

IMO the small pack is by far the best bag I own, however as with all my issued kit I never use it outside of the CF. I do however find the wearing of ID tags permissible as they have your blood type on them and if you're going for a trip or something similar that is useful information to have readily available if you get into an accident.

Piper said:
Besides, course t-shirts for the most part are dumb, take a look at the slogans and designs you have on alot of BMQ/IAP/SQ shirts, for example, just silly (like the BMQ one I saw with a 'SF-style' skull biting down on a dagger with the words 'faithful unto death' or something like that).  

If you're talking about someone from campus (UofG), I had POLS*2200 with that guy.  I actually thought he looked more of the DnD type, not the DND type.

I have a friend on campus here who is a Cpl in an "un-named Toronto scottish infantry unit", and I don't think I've seen him on campus without his smallpack.  I make a point of ragging on him for it, and his excuse is that he's usually "going to work" (9:30am on a Tuesday??).

IntlBr said:
If you're talking about someone from campus (UofG), I had POLS*2200 with that guy.  I actually thought he looked more of the DnD type, not the DND type.

I have a friend on campus here who is a Cpl in an "un-named Toronto scottish infantry unit", and I don't think I've seen him on campus without his smallpack.  I make a point of ragging on him for it, and his excuse is that he's usually "going to work" (9:30am on a Tuesday??).

Ha! There's a group on Facebook for Civvy-U students and reservists called "Soldiers Against Small Packs At School" check it out:

http://uwo.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4901743129

Yep - I've sent him to that group before, he didn't appreciate it :crybaby:

benny88 said:
Ha! There's a group on Facebook for Civvy-U students and reservists called "Soldiers Against Small Packs At School"

Popular group : This group has 400 members

Michael O`Leary said:
An attempt which is often killed when the young lady says: "Perhaps you know my father, Warrant Officer _______".

or the base RSM's daughter

but when I goggled it, I got this
images
  ::)

edited to fix pic

Back