• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Queen Elizabeth II, 1926-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone know why the RCMP is leading the procession, besides "horses"? I would have thought one of the Household Division cavalry units would do that.
The article touches on the close relationship between Her Majesty and the RCMP. Perhaps she specifically requested it? I don't actually know but that would be an amazing honour for those members of the Musical Ride who were chosen to represent us.

here’s why…

I'm not sure the story of Burmese alone was enough to get the RCMP front and centre, I suspect there's a long line of orders of precedence etc that would have needed to be sorted out, and many layers off protocol to do so. If the RCMP landed at the front, I can't imagine it was for any other reason than she personally requested it.

I don’t think her personal request (I agree with you, most likely) and her affinity for Burmese over the years are separated as easily as saying ‘there has to be more.’ Does there? She loved horses even more than Corgis…and people. I find it easy to believe.

I don’t think her personal request (I agree with you, most likely) and her affinity for Burmese over the years are separated as easily as saying ‘there has to be more.’ Does there? She loved horses even more than Corgis…and people. I find it easy to believe.
I suppose not. It is her funeral after all, and she was the Queen.

It's not really hard to understand.

As an uncle told me, "a dog is the only one who always gets excited when you come home".

Man down...

The black-clad guard was holding a ceremonial staff as he collapsed and fell to the floor​

Details, details . . .

Green clad and holding a bow.

Members of the Royal Company of Archers wear a distinctive uniform. It features a dark green tunic with black facings, dark green trousers with black and crimson stripe, and a Balmoral bonnet with the Royal Company's badge and an eagle feather.

Standing guard for Her Majesty has been hard on the old boys. Another one fainted in Edinburgh.

Meanwhile, the Met make a nice catch. Look at that Copper's reflexes! ;)

I haven't been able to find it on-line but there was an earlier video of that skater whipping past police officers manning the barrier on the cross street and turning the corner out of view, a short wait and then him being bundled back under control. Not all the officers had quick reflexes that night.

It's interesting how the focus and attention (clickbait) of the same news piece (whether presented by video or text, it's the same interview) can change significantly by the use of a different headline.

I had earlier watched PM Ardern's interview on the BBC's YouTube feed. There, they titled it "New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern says country will become republic ‘in her lifetime’ - BBC News". While that response was only a small portion of Ardern's comments, taken along with comments about the historically poor treatment of NZ's indigenous population by the Crown (government), it does portend that a move to a NZ republic is something to be taken seriously.

I had been planning on adding the PM's comments to the discussion started in another thread "After Queen Elizabeth II's death, Indigenous Australia can't be expected to shut up." However, I was waiting (out of respect) till after the late Queen was interred before engaging in discussion about the future of the monarchy in Canada as well as the other Commonwealth realms, and I would suggest that any such discussion should be done in the other threads.

I thought I vow to me my country would be in the service.
A patriotic hymn and I imagine, being both the Head of State and no doubt involved in the planning, she could have requested it, but as head of the Church of England I assume she/they stuck with whatever is in the Church's hymnal.

I'm just upset that the unofficial English National Anthem is being excluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back