• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

QL3 and dress

Leeworthy

Inactive
Reaction score
Good afternoon.

I have a quick question. In anticipation that I am going to be placed on my QL3 soon I had a question about dress.

I was in for 10 years previous. I released and now am getting back in. I was awarded a medal during my time which has been lost now by someone doing a shadow box for me.

I have applied for a replacement but it's first come first served for released members.

My question is, will I be in trouble being out of dress not having my medal on my CFs. Or would they even know if I didn't say anything? I would prefer to tell them my situation and hope they provide me some leeway??

Get hold of someone that mounts medals and get an aftermarket duplicate. No one will know the difference.

Aftermarket duplicate? I've never heard of that. Will it have my name rank and sn engraved on it just the same as the original?

No, but no one ever sees that side. Let us know which medal it is and maybe we can find a supplier.

Leeworthy said:
It's the OSM-HUM

Even marked on the edge, I don't think that anyone will notice. If they do, explain you're waiting for your replacement.

Anyway, here's a couple of options. Don't know the turn around for the Kit Shop, but Joe can be a tad slow at times.

http://www.joedrouin.com/items.php?l=en&nbTypeItemID=130&nbCatID=30&nbPage=5

http://thercr.ca/warehouse/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_57_151_158&products_id=672

Both will Court Mount them for you.

Awesome. Thanks so much. I don't see the hum ribbon there but I will emaik and ask if it's available. The prices seem great.

Leeworthy said:
Awesome. Thanks so much. I don't see the hum ribbon there but I will emaik and ask if it's available. The prices seem great.

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhr-ddhr/chc-tdh/chart-tableau-eng.asp?ref=OSM-HUM

I am sure that they will have the ribbon.  If they are doing any amount of medal mounting, they will have it.

Leeworthy said:

Ribbon - http://thercr.ca/warehouse/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_57_151_158&products_id=808

You guys all rock. Thanks so much. Had gotten a quote locally for 102 dollars for just the medal court mounted. Just finished paying for my order on thercr. $58.00, which includes the medal, the ribbon the undress ribbon, court mounting and shipping. Can't wait to get it and put it in my safe until I need to wear it again lol.

Leeworthy said:
You guys all rock. Thanks so much. Had gotten a quote locally for 102 dollars for just the medal court mounted. Just finished paying for my order on thercr. $58.00, which includes the medal, the ribbon the undress ribbon, court mounting and shipping. Can't wait to get it and put it in my safe until I need to wear it again lol.

Keep the receipt and try to claim it through supply when you do get back in!      :D

DAA said:
Keep the receipt and try to claim it through supply when you do get back in!      :D

Probably a "tongue-in-cheek" reply, but my  :2c: is don't. If you originally claimed the court mounting when you were in the last time, it will be denied. If not, you need to provide (along with the receipt) the form you signed when you accepted the medal. More than likely difficult to find by now, but is it worth it for the $8 - 12 dollars? You won't be reimbursed for the cost of replacement (as DND would have done that for free) and any costs associated with obtaining said medal...

And someone actually was going to charge you over a hundred bucks to court mount a medal? I am quite interested in who / where...

The price i got was someone local in trenton. I thought it was quite high as well. But when you need it, you need it.

Leeworthy said:
The price i got was someone local in trenton. I thought it was quite high as well. But when you need it, you need it.

Agreed. Good attitude. But Holy Crap - $100.00 for ONE?? If you are in Trenton, you should go to Clothing Stores there and report them. Legitimate court mounters will be registered with the tailor shop or clothing proper. We can only reimburse up to $12.00 per medal. I would have to take out a loan to get my medals mounted...

I have to agree with BinRat55, I had the clasp and rosettes mounted on my CD/ribbons a couple of years ago here in Trenton and the total was something like $15, got the form and a name from Clothing Supplies.

I think you guys missed where Leeworthy said he also had to purchase the medal itself.

And this is what I read.

Leeworthy said:
$58.00, which includes the medal, the ribbon the undress ribbon, court mounting and shipping.

I think the $102 quote was for both the medal and mounting.  But not the undress ribbon.  And yes, I also think it's very high.

BTW, miniatures can set you back quite a bit.  :eek:

Back