• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pushup, Pullup, Crunch game

Remember pushups recruit your triceps and shoulders and back aswell. Like Guy. E said, it could be a problem with how you are doing the pushups, but I cant tell from your post. What do you mean by "lift heavy weights"? like can you bench 150lbs? You should be able to do your own body weight.

That being said, if you have trouble doing pushups, do them on your knees(girl pushups). Treat it like a work out. Do 3 sets of 25. or reduce the number of reps if it is too much. It will develop the muscles that you recruit to do a push up, and when you go to do normal push ups, you will be good to go.

yes and I also bringing in what was said in another thread.

"the only way to get good at pushups/situps/pullups is to do pushups/situps/pullups."

Hi, I haven't been working out for long, maby 4 months and have tried over 20 different routines. I like this new one I found.
1pullup,2pushups,2dips,5situps
2pullups,4pushups,4dips,10situps
3pullups,6pushups,6dips,15situps
...all the way to
10 pullups,20pushups,20dips,50situps
then back down to
1pullup,2pushups,2dips,5situps

Gives 100 pullups, 200 pushups,200dips,and 300 situps

I really like this one and do it every second day
There is 2 problems with it, I cant do 10 pullups or chinups(but I'm working on it) and the other problem is that I am not sore after it,
I cant remember ever being sore after a workout, even if I do 500 pushups in a night till I hit the ground(I have done it), I will still not be sore, I just cant make myself sore, no matter what

Another question, do you guys think that this will improve the amount of pushups I can do?(I can do 28)

Should I do chinups or pullups, I'm better at chinups(max 8),pullups(max4)

Revive this one.
I've reciently got away from long distance running as I was getting really bored with the routine and focused on intense cardio for 30 minutes followed with the following.

2 pull ups(alternating for chin ups every second round)
20 pushups
25 crunches
25 dips
25 squats

I did this 10 times with no breaks in between,rolling from the pushups right to the crunches and so on.It kicked my butt and Im quite sore today.I want to get to the point of doing 100 push ups strait and 20 pull-ups,that is my end goal.

Give it a try tonight!

099* said:
Revive this one.
I've reciently got away from long distance running as I was getting really bored with the routine and focused on intense cardio for 30 minutes followed with the following.

20 pushups
25 crunches
25 dips
25 squats

I did this 10 times with no breaks in between,rolling from the pushups right to the crunches and so on.It kicked my butt and Im quite sore today.I want to get to the point of doing 100 push ups strait and 20 pull-ups,that is my end goal.

Give it a try tonight!

Would me eating some pizza be a close enough to qualify for this??

Cause I can do that  ;D

Legendary Catch-Catch Can wrestler Karl Gotch has a great workout game.

Take a deck of cards, one person reveals a card and the other has to do the exercise assigned to that card. For example, Hearts= Push-ups, Clubs= Jump Squats, Diamonds= Sit-ups, Spades= Sprawls (You can substitute any exercises you like.)

Do the number of exercises as found on the card. A 3 of hearts would equal 3 push-ups. BUT

Jacks= 10
Queens= 15
Kings=20
Aces=25

Each person must go through the whole deck of cards. It is pretty hard.

*=+97865334 said:
Revive this one.

20 pushups
25 crunches
25 dips
25 squats

Give it a try tonight!

Bump.  Have you continued this, and has it spurred any growth/strength/endurance gains??

Played the original (but alternating pullups and chinups) then went for a short run.  Fun game!  8)

I read about a retired Navy SEAL that runs a fitness program in the States which includes a similar style of workout, though based more on general fitness.  The exercises are based on time not amount, basically you do as many as you can until you fail.  Here it is:

Run 1.2 km
Do 1 minute of pushups
Do 1 minute of situps
Run 1.2 km
Do 1 minute of squats
Do 1 minute of pullups
Run 2.4 km
Repeat as necessary.

I've tried the deck of cards workout, but only on my own and it was tough to finish . :)

armyrules said:
I've tried the deck of cards workout, but only on my own and it was tough to finish . :)
That's the point.

I've never actually *finished* an entire deck, I just got as long as I can last.
Also, I highly recommend getting yourself some pushup bars. You can get them for about $20 or so, and make doing pushups a little tougher because you can get a larger range of motion.

I'm not an expert on fitness. But from my experience those push up bars are a waste of money. You can get a lot more from a pair of 3 chairs. The range of motion will be greater, thus harder. I had those bars for about a week and then I tried to do push-ups using chairs. I went to get my money back.  Also adding weight + bodyweight is very effective.  And with only 2 chairs you can do dips in between. Hey what a nice home gym. Doesn't cost a lot too. And if these 2 exercises are not hard enough, try to  do handstand push-ups between chairs.  There's a great book called " The underground Guide to Warrior Fitness" by Ross Enamait. I used it as a reference and certainly it was worth reading it.  There's also a web site with his workouts. Check it out. Pretty impressive
http://www.rosstraining.com/articles.html

Kettlebells rock but are not for the faint of heart. www.dragondoor.com for more info

Actually Rice0031 I made a set of push up bars in my wedling class during my last year of highschool and I find that they do help, they have a great range of motion and would recommend them to anyone. Thanks Rice0031

I've also done the three chair pushups or  form what I've heard them be called the "Hercules Pushup" they are awesome I would agree with newrecruit that they have a longer range of motion and your really fell it after you do a few sets!!

Good Luck Boys

I really like the deck of cards, its hard but I can compleat it  ;D

Back