• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PT and Physical Fitness Level

How do you rate your PT and Physical Fitness Level ?

• Top Shape- Can't get enough, do more on my own time then I do with the Unit

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Great Shape- Love PT, good for you, good for me.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Fit- I do PT regularly and easily pass any PT Test

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Struggling- I have to work at it and it keeps getting harder and harder

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • PT- What's PT?

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chimo

Inactive
Reaction score
This is a bit of a tongue-in-cheek poll since there has been a lot of discussion on PT in this forum. How do you rate your level? Be honest now  :-\

What level do you want to be at in one years time? :salute:

Jaxson said:
may i ask what PT is?
physical training. Exercise and stuff. Usually (but not limited to) running, calisthenics, and rucksack marching.

sweet deal   oh and yah.... i actually thought it meant physical testing.. but yah i guess i was wrong but you cant say i was too badly off.. i mean we already have a post on training so i didnt think smeone would ask how often in a whole different thread.. i should have clued in when i saw the polll but yah im tired.. so Screw you guys... im goin home ^-^

In one years time when I reach 35 where will I be.....

I quit smoking and gained weight. Went on my JLC/PLQ at the fleet school in Halifax. Did you know the Navy has like 10 meals a day and they serve cheesecake at all of them. Timmies is beside the Canex and holy beer batman.

So I came off my JLC/PLQ weighing in at 270 lbs. That was in March.
Its july now. I am running 7 k a night and I am down to 240.
Half the section is going for aroebics awards and we have a piggy parade which is a contest for the year to see who can loose the most weight. I feel good I think I look good and my sex drive is up. Life is grand. so again where will I be....

........dead!

Well done Mover keep up the good work. Its nice to hear a self motivation story. Perhaps you will inspire someone else to improve their physical fitness level as well. The smiley face salute to you.  :salute:

If anyone wants a good book to research their own PT program and are not sure where to start, try having a look at FM 21-20 Army Physical Fitness Training, an American publication.

http://www.armyrotc.vt.edu/PT/APFTmanual.htm

Mine was pretty good until I injured something in my shoulder.  So I've been off and on with the push-ups and weights, but running is no problem.

Running isn't a problem...until i have to go faster than  my own pace  :p. However lately i've been doing ruck marches to train for the weekend to end breast cancer fundraising event where we have to walk 60km over 2 days, but my team & i are doing it with rucks & boots!! But still have work to do in other areas  :-[

My grand goal for the next year is to do the Grouse Grind in 50 minutes. With no pack on. 
Okay, with pack (say 40lbs), my goal is to survive the Grouse Grind on a weekly basis.

Honestly to tell ya the truth im in a lot better shape then I keep thinking I am, physically fit wise, cardiovascular wise i can always strive to improve that. I love training, i enjoy that 45 mins of intensity, knowing that your doing your body good ( milk company will have me for that one ) All in all though i am still looking to cut down alot more weight before BMQ.

Cya :cdn:

Enami said:
My grand goal for the next year is to do the Grouse Grind in 50 minutes. With no pack on. 
Okay, with pack (say 40lbs), my goal is to survive the Grouse Grind on a weekly basis.

That's a good hoof!! I know a few people that can't do 3K in 50 minutes not to mention an up-hill 3K.  We have a 5 mile loop around town and 2 miles of it are up-hill. The last half mile is a real b*tch :p

Back