• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PSHCP: Medical release and voluntary release

Darkage

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been diagnosed with Mutliple Sclerosis a year ago, and have been on a temporary medical category since then. Since I have no clue what will happen to me after the next medical category, I'm looking at my options, and I am worried about medication associated with MS which costs over 1600$ per month, currently covered by the blue cross.

I've been told by the release section that if I am medically released, I had to have 10 years of service in order to be able to keep the PSHCP.

Now my question is for voluntary release, do I still have the option to keep the PSHCP if I have more than 10 years of service when I get out?

From a google search on "PSHCP release", sixth entry:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/commun/ml-fe/article-eng.asp?id=5284

What health coverage is available when I release?

You are eligible to join the pensioners’ component of the PSHCP when you begin to receive your pension under the Canadian Forces Superannuation Act (CFSA).

If I wasn’t a Plan member while I was in the CF, will there be a waiting period?

If you submit an application to the PSHCP Office within 60 days of your release date, coverage for you will commence the day following the date you release, otherwise a three-month waiting period will apply. If you are applying to cover your eligible dependants for the first time, coverage for them will commence on the first day of the fourth month following receipt of the application to the PSHCP Office.

Where can I find more information?

For more information regarding eligibility, coverage and rates for the PSHCP, please visit the Plan Directive at: www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/.

For direct enquires regarding application requirements or membership into the PSCHP please contact the PSHCP Office at 1-800-267-6542.

details are also available at the DGCB website: www.cmpcpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/ps/hdsd/psh-rss/index-eng.asp

go into your local IPSC or call and ask for a Service Coordinator if you havent done so already. they have the answers, and if they dont, they have the numbers to find out. even if you are not entitled to it from DND or VAC, there is a lot of funds and charities out there that can help out. Which your service coordinator will help out with

Back