• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't give up on it, if you want it truly that bad then.. yes, come back in '07 and don't screw it up by being an idiot and doing drugs unless you feel like coming back in '09

havnt touched a drug since that night dude, trust me i hear the same speech in different forms from everyone i relay this story to :p

so the general concesus is that, after '07 im in the clear and this will finally stop hindering my process?

see, i wanted to join the army last year...and since i got rejected i just ... got a part time job and sit here waiting it out..done with school..all that..just..waiting...my life is at a stall...it SUCKS!

Don't worry, I feel your pain too about the crap job and slow paced life etc .. Now you got some longer waiting than me to do that's for sure but try to be pro-active about it .. perhaps get into better shape, take some gun safety courses (get a license perhaps and learn what you can so you won't have trouble with learning the C7) hell anything... you got all that time so in the end you can either waste it or spend the time preparing to make your life easier when 07 finally does roll around

i train physically....almost literally 24/7.

then i got a job and had to cut it back. but i still pick up the weights, or run or do SOMTHING in almost every spare minute i have. im constantly getting into better shape. I dont really change my diet, and thats not gonna help me any..but im a man of habit and refuse to give up my hotdogs and pizza!! i do however, eat alot of protine shakes (they taste so bad..hardly worth the 60 bucks)

I am TOTALLY unfamiliar with the gun laws in canada, and wouldnt even know where to start getting a firearms license. i DO however, plan to collect guns at one point or another in my history, so anyone wanna give me some details on obtaining such a license ^.^ maybe i will go buy a sidearm or somthing to get myself started, ^.^

oh..on a more comical sence...i play violent video games, use this information at your own leasure in giving me information about firearms, because you know how it is right? i let loose one day...its always the videogames..or music...[end sarcasim] that joke may have been a bit out of taste here me-thinks...

Well the diet thing is your own perogative but it wouldn't be that hard to cut down a bit over time would it?

As far as protein shakes, try these two: Chocolate flavour Designer Whey and Whey Kooler Peach & Mango flavour. Designer whey is thick and tastes pretty good, Whey Kooler is an isolate and dissolves really well into water and tastes pretty good (almost like a juice).

The gun laws in Canada suck (for more info see the gun discussion going on in political or somewhere here) You get a license from a local firearms dealer. Tell them you want to study for the test, they should give you a booklet and a movie to learn from... study all that stuff and tell them you want to challenge the test- be sure to tell them you want to take the test for non-restricted AND restricted (non = rifles, restricted = handguns) When you're ready, they will give you a written test followed by a hands on test. Pass both and you get your certificate ... now you gotta follow the BS associated with that, download the right form from the firearms website (I believe its CAFC-921 or some junk) and send all that stuff in to Mirimichi... It takes 3 friggen months to get your card made up (hurray for beauracracy) so do the non-res and ers all in one fell swoop trust me.

....After all that, then you can buy firearms. You can't go out and buy a sidearm to get yourself started, it ain't that easy in this country.

yea, from what i have heard the gun laws in canada are pretty tough. i dont even know where a local firearms dealer IS (i live in a nice quiet city of only 150,000..no need for a gunshop i guess..ill go looking however) and any registered firearms dealer will have this information i need?

Don't worry about getting you restricted/unrestricted license an buying a AR15 to practice with. Your probably pick up some bad habits, etc. When you do leave for your BMQ, your have more than enough time to train on the C7 an learn weapon drills(etc) the CF way.

It's not so much buying an AR to practice with as it is that from the material he'll study and the things learned from it that will serve him well with firearms in general

dont i need a firearms license once i join the army anyway? might as well get it now eh?

While I agree that if you have little or no experience in firearms, then rushing to get a license and going to the range or whatever may screw you up a bit from the proper way to use firearms. Personally, I've been using firearms at a very young age(under supervision) and I have my possession and acquisition license. I've been hunting for years and years, and I know properly how to use a firearm.

I'm sure the CF will train you to use whatever they put in front of you, so I wouldn't go worring about that.

yeah, my story is very similar to yours... I applied 2003, got rejected because I told them I was a chronic pothead who quit to join the army, which was true, i was a chronic, but i quit... so they told me to come back in a year, I was devestated, so a year comes around, I re-apply, wait 8 months through the application process, and viola i'm going to BMQ in st. jean this august, my trade is infantry, reg forces. So this type of story can have a happy ending lol.  I know all about the living life in limbo waiting on the army though, and it sucks, but its a good process to weed (no pun intended) those out that aren't truely dedicated.

(you'd be suprised at how many people get councilled out for a year or more because of drugs lol)

yea, i also did the weed, but not cronically, im urged to say "socially" but they were quite adament about NOT saying that, so i said 2 times a month, which was about right, for 4 months. the guy during the interview said that was no problem, and i had quit so it was fine. i still dont see anything wrong with marajuana....i just dont smoke it cuzx i dont really like the effects, and im joining the army :p i dont really judge people who smoke it though.

Piccillo said:
yea, i also did the weed, but not cronically, im urged to say "socially" but they were quite adament about NOT saying that, so i said 2 times a month, which was about right, for 4 months. the guy during the interview said that was no problem, and i had quit so it was fine. i still dont see anything wrong with marajuana....i just dont smoke it cuzx i dont really like the effects, and im joining the army :p i dont really judge people who smoke it though.

Go back to the recruiting office and ask to see the CF Drug Policy and read it several times until you understand that your views about drugs and the people that use them have to conform to the CF policy or you are not going to make it or you are going to get in trouble someday.

...the CF is goin to tell me how to judge people who smoke a little pot now and then? thanks, but no thanks. the CF can do alot of things, but thats one thing it cannot. the people who do smoke it, arnt joining the army....so they dont need to worry about the CF drug policy :p

Kinkanucks is telling you to read it so YOU know about the CF drug policy.  Thats something YOU need to worry about.

...the CF is goin to tell me how to judge people who smoke a little pot now and then? thanks, but no thanks. the CF can do alot of things, but thats one thing it cannot. the people who do smoke it, arnt joining the army....so they dont need to worry about the CF drug policy

Don't you want to join the CF, perhaps you should adhere to the rules and regulations of the CF then.

If this is your stance on drugs, then it'd probably be best if you stayed away from the CF, or any law enforcement. You know how the CF thinks of 'pot'. If 'pot' was okay for you to do, then the CF would allow it. Is it allowed? No.

Piccillo said:
...the CF is goin to tell me how to judge people who smoke a little pot now and then? thanks, but no thanks. the CF can do alot of things, but thats one thing it cannot. the people who do smoke it, arnt joining the army....so they dont need to worry about the CF drug policy :p

You're dead wrong there.  I've seen a few potheads in the army, and what happened to them when they got busted. Carreer , halt!  As an an example of druggies getting tossed, any old RCRs here remember Fred R***heim?

Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back