• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRETC thread (merged)

Thanks Hurricane, but I am trying to sort it out before my people have to pack up everything and end up in PRETC unnecessarily.

There are kids and houses involved down here and getting everything riled up because PRETC wants their bodies (but supposedly doesn't want them) 6-8 months before courses starts seems ridiculous to me.

One thing I did notice after rereading the CT/OT messages again, both say that a posting message to PRETC will not be sent no sooner than 7 days before COS date. How the heck gets 7 days notice to move for a course that doesn't start for 6 months?

Anyone else have any insight into PRETC operations?

Thanks.

Wook

When I relinquished my commission I was sent to PRETC for 4 months. The only reason I can think of that PRETC possibly needs the member is if there is training required before the QL3 level (SQ, 404's) etc.

When I was there, I spent my time asking for taskings and going to the gym. I didn't learn anything of value and was maximum supervised the entire time. (Sign in/sign out, no POMV for pers admin, even for appointments) and I spent a lot of time sitting around waiting to be told to go home (slider almost every day.) I hope for their sake that they won't get sent there as experienced members often lose their minds there. It's bad enough being treated at a QL3 level again, but to be treated as a recruit again is frustrating.

Hi guys , just a heads up  PRETC  WILL BE  DISMOUNTED as of  March 2013. This is official.

CDN Aviator said:
Or losing their horses..........

Or they'll be too busy performing CPR on any ex-black hatters in the PRetC midst who will not believe that dismount is an actual word. Sacrilege.  >:D

_________

Way back when, before my current Unit, the OJTers had to report in to Borden's PRetC (as they officially become their Admin Unit) - even our married guys. We then created tasks for the OJP in our local areas which PRetC filled with the pers whose families were in our area. Quite simply, it covers the PRetC member's ass should anything occur injury/admin-wise as their "owning Unit" has officially cleared them in and then officially tasked them to location X. It also allows PRetC to effect recall of "their" affected pers should any School's timetables for courses change. As it should be.

OK,  how about  they are closing the PRETC .  I am sure you guys  got what I tried to say just being a smart ass. And that is for sure I was told on O group.

6V666 said:
OK,  how about  they are closing the PRETC .  I am sure you guys  got what I tried to say just being a smart ***. And that is for sure I was told on O group.

Half the stuff I have been told in an O-Group has never come to pass.

What do you mean by dismounted? As far as I know, PRETC has never been allowed POMV's.

JesseWZ said:
Half the stuff I have been told in an O-Group has never come to pass.

What do you mean by dismounted? As far as I know, PRETC has never been allowed POMV's.

I always used my POMV... Just never parked it in the PRETC parking lot  ;D

I believe that PRETC was a means of a way to group all the BTL's "Awaiting Training" under one big umbrella as opposed to having each individual school manage them separately, which makes alot of sense.  There is some pre-course training which needs to take place and PRETC manages that on behalf of the training school.

If you have a "valid" case to retain an individual at unit level for employment purposes and or can provide "relevant" OJT in the receptor occupation, as opposed to sending them to PRETC when their QL 3 course is months away, then present it to them.

Keep in mind, that they receive these types of requests regularly and it is the ones that are "hogwash" that result in valid requests being turned down...

6V666 said:
Hi guys , just a heads up  PRETC  WILL BE  DISMOUNTED as of  March 2013. This is official.

Anything further on this? I am posted to PRETC in the middle of Feb with my fingers crossed to be crse loaded 2 April. Would love to know.....

When my husband was at Borden, he was told that his intake was the last intake for PRETC. This was back in August 2012.

Back