• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Postings

Leeworthy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all, just received  my posting message and had a few questions and concerns. I ended up getting 2svc bn in Pet. I've been reading up on the local area, and it has me concerned. My son has a disability which has finally been diagnosed (autism) and has specialized drs and programs in our current location. Pet says it has a Dr shortage, so that's my first concern. Second is he is in a specialized school for children with disabilities, which CFB petawawa doesn't offer. My wife owns a full time home daycare as well.

I know for a fact that there are positions available in my current location.  Any suggestions on what I can do?

Should I talk to  my coc, padre, ask for a phone interview with the cm? My only.other option is going IR which I don't really want to do as my wife need my assistance with my son.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Leeworthy,

There are a few formal and informal avenues for you.

First would be to contact your CoC and explain to them the situation and request a phone meeting with the career manager. Explain your situation and be flexible on where you could go and be posted to (for instance, if they wanted you to head to a Bde Svc Bn, then there is always 1 Bde which is located in Edmonton, a large city with good access to medical and specialized schools). Valcatier is also fairly close to Quebec City, but I'm not sure if there would be English services for your child in that case. In any case, this informal route is the best first step, but like I said, be willing to work with them to find a posting that fits their plans as well as yours, be advised it's rather late in the game though (are you just getting the posting message now?) to make changes.

The next would be to request a cancellation of posting due to compassionate reasons or a compassionate posting, be advised that this does have career implications. This is also requested through the CoC.

IR is also another option but the issue is Pet is one of those places where you will get posted for a long time, perhaps multiple postings so the 4 year IR limit may be an issue for you.

I wouldn't bring up the wife owning a full time daycare as it's not really relevant and won't earn you any sympathy from the CM. Infact, she could do quite well running a day care in Petawawa.

Thanks for the reply and info. I'm just finding out my posting. I am on my QL3 for a new trade, remuster. I'll talk to the COC on Monday and see what avenue I can go.

I asked for Trenton, Kingston and Borden. But got Pet. The first two would have been close enough that we could still continue using our current Dr and my sons therapists.

Back