• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posting Preference

Hello, I had a quick question about being posted.

I am currently in the process of getting into the navy,  and was wondering if the fores take into account where your family is located?  I am more than happy to go east or west coast but my whole family lives on the west on the island and It would make things alot easier to be posted there.

Thanks!

You can indicate if you have a posting preference,

Posting preference
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+posting+preference&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=ACAlWNDmE6qC8QeS_7C4Dg&gws_rd=ssl

Remember that it's a "preference" though.  The CAF can, and likely will, post you where they need you. 

Jgaetz said:
Hello, I had a quick question about being posted.

I am currently in the process of getting into the navy,  and was wondering if the fores take into account where your family is located?  I am more than happy to go east or west coast but my whole family lives on the west on the island and It would make things alot easier to be posted there.

Thanks!

Are you joining as a sailor or an officer? Sailors can choose a coast to stay until they are of a more senior rank. But that only happens after the Navy has decided which coast you are going to.

Jgaetz said:
Thank you!

You are welcome. Good luck.  :)

But, as Dimsum said, "Remember that it's a "preference" though.  The CAF can, and likely will, post you where they need you." 

I'm trying to get in as e tech ncm. And I do apologise for posting already asked questions.

Just that alot of the posted info I can find (I read this forum alot). Is fairly dated and I like fin ding more recent info!

But Thanks again for the info!

Just a bit of an advise.  Every posting is different and it will have its goods and bads.  I find, however, that people finding their posting miserable are those coming into the posting with a negative attitude.  Even if you don't get what you want, keep an open mind and see the positives of your posting.  If you do this, your family will generally follow your lead and you'll have a much better time.  I have been to some real nice places, some other not as nice but I had a great time at every single one of my postings.

Back