• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posting Message - Dependants Prohibited

snowball17

Inactive
Reaction score
[size=12pt]This is the first topic I have posted or asked a question in. I am currently being medically released 3b, and went to the release section yesterday to fill out my paperwork to appoint my IPR. The clerk then phoned my current unit and asked for my last posting message to be faxed to her so that she could tell me what moving benefits I would be entitled to. On my last posting message (18 months ago) it states that movement of dependents are prohibited.  The clerk then stated she has only seen this a couple of times before and would need some clarification, but she is under the impression that although I can have transport arrange for my goods and effects to be moved, because my dependents are prohibited, I am not allowed to claim for meals/hotel etc for them. She wanted also clarification that I did not receive separation benefits etc, and documentation to prove where my children have been during this last posting.
What I would like to know is: The last posting message I received is it an error and oversight, or was I not allowed to bring them on my last move, where would they of stayed if I didn't bring them, and is there a quick way around this, or do I have to wait to move my dependents until my release date - or is there changes that have to be made?
I just don't want to have my IPR move delayed because of a mistake in a previous posting message that no one caught, or is there a way to get this amended so that I am able to elect my IPR and move my dependents ahead of time.

I will be grateful if anyone has some insight into this problem, and how to quickly fix it

Thanks,
S

There's some more information needed here.

From your posting history here, you started BMQ in June 2008 - which would lead me to believe that your "last posting message" was likely from where you did QL3 training, to your initial posting.  Assuming that's correct, where did you move from/to?  A move from your initial trades training should be a cost move for the entire family...

The posting message I am referring to is the posting message I got when they decided to post me from my posting to the local JPSU unit once I became med unfit and was waiting for surgery. My CO decided that it would be best for me to be posted to JPSU since I was on medical limitations and was not able to work a full day by doctors orders.  The release clerk was looking at my file to see what had been claimed on the previous move, and to verify my dependants information and to sign forms asking for them to be moved ahead of time to my IPR. The clerk seems to think because they are "prohibited" that they currently are not living with me, and such would not need to travel from our current home(pmq) to the home 160km away in the city that we are choosing for my IPR.

I hope this makes more sense, if not let me know,

Thanks,

S

This sounds like a posting from one "base" unit to another. It's quite common in this instance to deny a move of dependents. The last cost move should be the driving force behind any release benefits. I wager that your posting to JPSU was "no cost". You will need to clear this up with your career manager and your CoC asap.

Bring this up with your Platoon WO from the JPSU, and they will work with the Staff of the IPSC to fix this, and explain details tot he release clerk.

ModlrMike pretty much nailed it.

I wouldn't worry.

dileas

tess

Thanks everyone:)  I will ask them to cornate with each other as my last move was at "no cost" Either way I agree you are probally right, it is my last move and as such would be intiled to as part of my release benefits

Agree with 48th and Modlr. Postings to a JPSU are generally "no cost" .

See your PL WO and Pl Comd at your IPSC.

Back