• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posting message and pay questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

acooper

Inactive
Reaction score
So, we did decide to accept the offer presented to my husband last week (Monday or Tuesday, I think it was). Since the congratulatory email, I haven't heard anything from his recruiting officer by email. When can we expect to receive the posting message, and how will it arrive? I'm guessing the posting message will have the info we need in order to get things rolling towards going to Ottawa.

Also, his COS date is July 16, but he has to be in Ottawa on Aug 9th. In the interim, does he get Army pay? Or should he be going back to his old civvie job (hasn't been there since December between army stuff and parental leave) in the meantime? The Budgetary Worrier (aka me) needs to know  ;)

But there`s a whole lot of missing info we`d need to know.

It should be your husband hearing from the recuiting centre (vice you) and perhaps he should give them a call.

What info do you need to know? My husband has absolutely no internet access while on Op Cadence, and limited cell access. I've been doing the back and forth with the recruiter, with the recruiter's knowledge. Because of the Op, our timeframe feels EXTREMELY compressed - we have a house that needs selling, a one year old daughter who I'll need to arrange daycare for if my husband won't get Army pay starting on his COS date, etc...

If he is COS is 16 July and they want him to show up for course in August - he will most likely be on LWOP.  A call to his gaining unit would in order.  Tell your husband to get into the BOR at Meaford and get in touch with his new unit.  His section commander shouldn't have any issues with him taking some time to take care of personal admin during the wait for the Op.  Cell phones are sketchy up on the hill - but I guarantee that the bank of payphones are working just fine.

There seems to be a lot of missing information here, but if this is a component transfer, which I expect it is, then the actual transfer message will have all the pertinent details, such as when the pay starts.

Zoomie - thanks for the advice about the BOR, but they're leaving for the Huntsville area tomorrow morning. His unit down here is going to have fun getting him the Voluntary Release paperwork, but that's something the clerk and I will be working on starting tomorrow. BTW, his Bell phone has worked very well up the hill and down, as far as signal goes. Now if only one of his tentmates hadn't cracked the bejeezus out of the screen...

Pusser - part of my question is when we can expect to receive the actual posting message. I don't even know HOW to expect it, whether by email or snail mail. I've asked the same questions of the recruiter in Ottawa - he has said we're to stay in touch with him about things until we get up there. I'm hoping he just took Friday off, but still - this is such a compressed timeframe my head is SPINNING with everything we have to get done.

And please, folks, rather than just saying "We're missing information", tell me what information YOU need in order to give me an idea of what I need to know. I don't know military speak, I can only talk to my husband once a day, if that often, and I'm not hearing back from folks in Ottawa in a timely manner....

Let me jump in here as I have done quite a few of these CTs recently.  Now you say you know the COS date.  How do you know?  Did you receive an ETP Instruction?  If so, that will tell the date the transfer from Reserves to Regular is effective.  This is also the date he will start getting paid.  It will show at which rank and pay level.  It will also state the date  his to report and place he is to report to.    There is no posting message as the ETP Instructions is more or less the same thing.  Feel free to PM me is you have any more questions.

Mods, this thread can be locked. I found out from my husband's reserve unit orderly room that we won't get the ETP message until he signs and returns some paperwork - which is going to be interesting in the middle of this Op. And we can't answer any pay questions until we get the ETP message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back