• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Politics or a Better Reason?

~RoKo~ said:
I wanted to be the first kid on my block with a confirmed kill.
where would the Army be without 'eighties war movies to quote from?

"It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

paracowboy said:
where would the Army be without 'eighties war movies to quote from?

"It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

Yes, but the movie you have quoted from is a late 1970's flick. [albeit a damned good one]. Surf or shoot.  :)

Ah! The chatter of Chain Guns as the Cobras strafe the beach;

the whoop whoop of the blades as the Kiowa's and Huey's swoop in to drop off the Air Cav;

the smell of napalm first thing in the morning........

that smells like Victory..........or words to that effect.

whiskey601 said:
Yes, but the movie you have quoted from is a late 1970's flick. [albeit a damned good one]. Surf or shoot. 
nope.
Full Metal Jacket. Not Apocalypse Now.

"Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?"

:rofl:

FullMetal jacket?

I think we should start a movie quote thread... unless one has been started in the past and subsequently died a natural death.

Centurian1985 said:
Oh, thats a good line but cant remember who said that!  What movie was that?
it's part of the same speech from my bit above it. Full Metal Jacket.
scoutfinch said:
I think we should start a movie quote thread... unless one has been started in the past and subsequently died a natural death.
it has, and it has.

Col Brandt: "What will Germany do when she loses the war?"

Capt Kiesel: "Prepare for the next one."

Cpl Thompson said:
Under Orders from Sgt Major LeClare? (Sp?)

Ive only heard the stories... Legendary as they were..... I wish I could have met the man just once... Just to witness with my own eyes...

Leclaire

....and he was quite the character

Back