• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

physical testing?? ¿ ¿

tykotyko

Inactive
Reaction score
after many unsuccessfull atempts with the search function, i have a few unanswered questions for the people who"recently" have done the physical testing. My first question is, what is the step test? i was told by my recruiter that i will be doing a 2400m run, but then it was changed to the "step test" . my other question is, when you are doing sit-ups, will you have somthing holding down your feet to make it easyer? or are you on your own with them.  :salute:

Then you didn't look far enough and turn the stupid blue font off.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-103978.html#msg103978

Step Test:-  you will be taken, blindfolded in an unmarked van, to a public building with many steps outside.  You will then perform a scene from "Rocky" complete with victory dance at the top.  You will be rated on flair, style, and "Yo, Adrienne" imitation.
Sit ups:-  You will perform as many sit ups as possible, with your head and shoulders extending out over a pit full of Black Mambas.  You must do situps until utter exhaustion. When you can not complete another rep, you will obviously succumb to the snakes.  If you achieve the minimum, antivenom will be administered, and you will be good to go. Fail, and your corpse will be found in dumpster behind a convenient Dairy Queen.  Hope this helps...

Ouchhh!!! my eyes............. 8) 8)
Anyway on a serious note:
When you do your physical test, especially the sit-up's, not only do you have one person holding your feet (usually a redhair) but you also have a blond woman holding your neck straight and a brunette supporting your lower back and once you're done, there's 2 Sweedish massage therapists awaiting your orders just to make sure you get treated like a real man. If your unlucky, you might hand up watching a lesbian show.......... Good Luck for when you join the ''Taj Mahal''

Cheers...

i'm with whats-his-name. I did a search of as many possible combinations of "sit up, sit-up, situp, situps, sit-ups," and couldn't get any results, and I too was pondering this. So rather than hearing a long winded schpeal about black mamba vipers and sexy red-heads, does anyone have a straight yes/no on whether someone holds your feet? or the specific thread where i can find this, rather than the generic FAQ? cheers -Cameron

I too searched, before my testing, for information on whether or not they hold your feet down.  It was mentioned in one thread, but I don't remember where.  The simple answer is yes someone does hold your feet down.  The step test is mentioned and indeed described in detail in several threads.

tykotyko said:
after many unsuccessfull atempts with the search function, i have a few unanswered questions for the people who"recently" have done the physical testing. My first question is, what is the step test? i was told by my recruiter that i will be doing a 2400m run, but then it was changed to the "step test" . my other question is, when you are doing sit-ups, will you have somthing holding down your feet to make it easyer? or are you on your own with them.   :salute:

I almost had a seizure.

And to answer your question. Yes, somebody holds down your feet. If you're taking your physical in Vancouver, you'll have a mighty fine woman holding you down  ^-^ ...atleast I did.

lol, well thanks very much gents. I think thats the first straight answer i've got in a long time. Much obliged.

And no, no fine west coast women for me. I'm out in Calgary. Cheers -Cameron

ThatsLife said:
. If you're taking your physical in Vancouver, you'll have a mighty fine woman holding you down  

thanks guys, tomorrow. oh man i got to do all my testing then. im so excited. :salute:

Hey

I have done the Phyisical Fitness test twice; once in 2002  for militia co-op and once last week for the Regular Forces. The "step tets" is a simple measurement of your heart rate and VO2max (basically how good your cardio is). What happens is a tape is played and you have to step to a beat. Everyone starts at level four. You step for 3 minutes at a time (per level) and at the end of three minutes your heart rate is measured. Based on that measurement you will be asked to either 1; stop and sit down OR 2; advance to the next level. Dont worry, you only have to go up modified steps and it is basically only two steps high.
  And yes you will have another candidate as a partner who will hold your feet for sit-ups.

Good Luck

HOLMES

i saw on the video that he was wearing shorts when doing the situps, can we wear track pants, because I have really hairy legs

projectile said:
i saw on the video that he was wearing shorts when doing the situps, can we wear track pants, because I have really hairy legs
I hear you on that one, buddy! :blotto:

Well guys....there are several options, all approved by Health Canada and within CF Policies.  You can shave.  You can Wax.  You can wear Track Pants.

HEY  everyone, i just got home from the cfrc in vancouver. the physical testing in my opinion was quite simple. but beware of the hand grip. its harder than it seems i sure am glad i used that metal spring dewhicky to practice building up muscle in my forearm

ok someone answer me this. i have been told 3 diffrent things for PT only 2400mrun / only step test / or both which is it
:cdn: Nick

OMFG - now I know why I stay away from the recruiting section....

Hairy legs?/ Are you serious?  ???

New Recruit - If you're not sure, a) Call the recruiter and ask or b) Prepare for all of them, and skate through regardless

Oh man, if you are embarassed about wearing shorts because you have hairy legs...

...what exactly are you going to do in BMQ when you have to shower with everyone else? Wear track pants in there too? haha.

alexpb said:
...what exactly are you going to do in BMQ when you have to shower with everyone else? Wear track pants in there too? haha.
Some would look at that as a cheap way of doing laundry.    ;D

You are right though.   If you are worried about your hairy legs showing in PT, what are you going to do when it comes to hit the Showers and you only have fifteen minutes or less?

If you don't learn now, then a P Med Tech may have to take you into a Shower later and teach you..... It has been done many times in the Past and will continue to be done.

Back