• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal items allowed for Regular forces infantry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primarch015

Inactive
Reaction score
So i read that supplements like whey protein and creatine are not allowed to be brought to basic. But what about after basic? what kind of personal items will be allowed in the living quarters?

Why, in the name of Arnold, would you need all that stuff in the infantry?

Primarch015 said:
So i read that supplements like whey protein and creatine are not allowed to be brought to basic. But what about after basic? what kind of personal items will be allowed in the living quarters?

Is there some reason why you need that answer now? Are you planning to buy a container load and are wondering when you can use it?

If we tell you that you can't use it, will it make you decide not to join the infantry?

Michael O'Leary said:
Is there some reason why you need that answer now? Are you planning to buy a container load and are wondering when you can use it?

If we tell you that you can't use it, will it make you decide not to join the infantry?

no it wouldnt affect my decision to join the infantry at all. im still hoping to join, i just wanted to know about this before-hand so i don't get disappointed later. i figure i still want to stick with weight lifting after basic, and some supplements help with recovery and gains. if im not allowed to bring any of this to the infantry after basic ill just have to eat more food than i normally would.

Well, after basic (by which I assume you mean once you're MOC qualified) and you're stationed with your platoon, you can live off the base, and you get a kitchen there. So I can't see why you couldn't do your own drinks.

Nauticus said:
Well, after basic (by which I assume you mean once you're MOC qualified) and you're stationed with your platoon, you can live off the base, and you get a kitchen there. So I can't see why you couldn't do your own drinks.

thanks for the reply.

Seems like a fair question.

Crazy Petawawa charges like $400 a month for access to the mess.  Soldiers who want to keep their own food in their rooms need to take into consideration stuff like no hot plates being allowed (as well as other things, don't have the list off hand)

As far as suppliments and such go, it's your room. You can have whatever legal substance you want stored there.

Flawed Design said:
Seems like a fair question.

Crazy Petawawa charges like $400 a month for access to the mess.  Soldiers who want to keep their own food in their rooms need to take into consideration stuff like no hot plates being allowed (as well as other things, don't have the list off hand)

As far as suppliments and such go, it's your room. You can have whatever legal substance you want stored there.

again, thanks a lot for the reply.

Primarch015 said:
So i read that supplements like whey protein and creatine are not allowed to be brought to basic.

What do you want CRAP like this for anyways?

There will be a more than good fitness programme in which artifical additives are not required.

Overwatch Downunder said:
What do you want CRAP like this for anyways?

There will be a more than good fitness programme in which artifical additives are not required.

ive been taking supplements for about 3 years now along with a good diet and strict training program. helped me pack on 50lbs of lean mass. i was simply wondering whether or not it was allowed after basic is because i want to keep lifting after basic and whey protein and creatine help with strength and size gains. it's like if someone who played guitar joined the military, im sure they would wonder whether or not they are allowed to bring their guitar into their living quarters after basic.

Primarch015 said:
i was simply wondering whether or not it was allowed after basic is because i want to keep lifting after basic

........and that question has been answered. There's other threads if someone wants to discuss why they would need artificial supplements.

BTW Primarch015, go read the forum guidelines about capitalization in your posts.

Milnet.ca Staff

Sorry to post over a LOCK but this statement must be qualified.

Flawed Design said:

You are still responsible to keep your room/quarters up to a high degree of cleanliness and follow all Health and Sanitary Regulations, which would cover what 'food stuffs' you would be permitted to store in your room and under what conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back