• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay stubs and T4's

63 Delta

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a bit of a complex question in regards to the PIL and my T4.

My PIL came through in late November and was on my December Pay stubs. But come December I wasnt paid my PIL. I went to my OR and my PIL had been held due to a note on my file. The clerk cleared up the note and I received half of my PIL as an advance, and the other half was supposed to be paid end of December.

Come end of December I still wasnt paid the other half of my PIL. I went back to the OR, and the friendly clerk made sure my PIL would make it end month January. Sure enough, end of January I received the rest of my PIL.

The part that Im worried about is this: My end month December shows my YTD total including the total PIL and appropriate taxes having been paid out.

But my end January pay statement shows half of my PIL. So my total earnings for 2013 are inflated on paper. When I get my T4 I will double check all the numbers, but my question is, what do the T4's reflect? What is on my pay statement, or what actually gets put in my bank account?

Really dont wanna pay extra tax on something I have already paid extra tax on.. Know what I mean?

The PiL should be reflected on your T4 based on the date the "credit" was posted/applied to your pay account, regardless of when the full amount was actually paid out.

I don't quite understand why they would post/process that and then hold back the actual payment.

I owed money after I OT'd as I relinqueshed my previous rank and was overpaid. I guess a note was left on the pay system and it stopped my PIL from hitting my bank account.

HULK_011 said:
I owed money after I OT'd as I relinqueshed my previous rank and was overpaid. I guess a note was left on the pay system and it stopped my PIL from hitting my bank account.

Like that ever happens.    :facepalm:

Back