• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Packing for BMQ. Pajamas?

How did you get my borden pj's ? i thought i was the only one who wore these

HEY! How did they get my pj's!? Sheesh, and now they are standard in Gagetown!  ::)  ;D

When I went on my basic back in the early 90's, the checklist had pajamas on them.  Thinking the military was a fairly conservative institution, I figured my t-shirt and shorts wouldn't cut it, so I bought a set of conservative cotton striped pj's with the button-down shirt...

Needless to say, after the first night, it was back to t-shirts and shorts!  :-[

I think the issuing of PT gear all depends on the unit.  My unit wont even let me buy PT gear until I have my BMQ.

Foofighter said:
I think the issuing of PT gear all depends on the unit.  My unit wont even let me buy PT gear until I have my BMQ.

The issued PT gear is (or at least was in 98 I still have the sweats somewear in the top of my closet) a white T-Shirt with black collar, Grey Shorts, Gear Sweat Pants and Sweat Shirt and horrible grey runners, now the PT gear you unit wont let you purchase until you have BMQ is probably some sort of Regimental PT gear that they require you to "earn" the right to wear by completing BMQ/SQ/DP1

Foofighter said:

Thats because you are a reservist......reg force doesnt work that way

CDN Aviator said:
Thats because you are a reservist......reg force doesnt work that way

I don't think that is the reason, and also hope that is not the start of the whole regs vs. res discussion in this thread, it doesn't happen in the regs because (as far as I know) you are not assigned a unit/regiment until completion therefore perhaps cannot get your hands on regimental PT gear.

241 said:
that is not the start of the whole regs vs. res discussion in this thread

I dont do the reserves VS reg shit so dont get all sanctamonius with me.

241 said:
I don't think that is the reason, and also hope that is not the start of the whole regs vs. res discussion in this thread, it doesn't happen in the regs because (as far as I know) you are not assigned a unit/regiment until completion therefore perhaps cannot get your hands on regimental PT gear.

Reg force pers going through Basic are issued several Tshirts, Shorts with 1 set of track pants 1 hoodie sweater and they used to but I do not know for sure 1 set of runners that were of no use and you were not made to wear.

You will wear this issued PT kit until you are entitled to wear Unit/Regimental PT kit. Whatever the Res does I don't know and I don't really care.

CDN Aviator said:
I dont do the reserves VS reg crap so dont get all sanctamonius with me.

Never said you did, was simply just stating that I hoped that didn't start it (not necessarily with you but others reading), apologies for the confusion

HitorMiss said:
Reg force pers going through Basic are issued several Tshirts, Shorts with 1 set of track pants 1 hoodie sweater and they used to but I do not know for sure 1 set of runners that were of no use and you were not made to wear.

You will wear this issued PT kit until you are entitled to wear Unit/Regimental PT kit. Whatever the Res does I don't know and I don't really care.

Yeah that was basically what I was trying to get at with my post (#25) before the one you quoted

RangerRay said:
When I went on my basic back in the early 90's, the checklist had pajamas on them.  Thinking the military was a fairly conservative institution, I figured my t-shirt and shorts wouldn't cut it, so I bought a set of conservative cotton striped pj's with the button-down shirt...

Needless to say, after the first night, it was back to t-shirts and shorts!  :-[

This is the kimd of answer I was looking for. Thanks. I think after 3 pages of some rather funny good natured ribbing I got what I need.  ;D

The current PT gear issued at St Jean is 4 grey t-shirts, 3pr shorts, 1 pair useless runners (read - inspection runners..) If you do bmq there, don't matter if your reg or res, thats what you get and wear.

You WILL use that with the exception of the runners - if your a support trade unlucky enough to go to pretc after, you can wear whatever pt gear you want there - and here at CFSCE in Kingston (for tech trades), you can, again, wear whatever PT gear you want.

Klc said:
The current PT gear issued at St Jean is 4 grey t-shirts, 3pr shorts, 1 pair useless runners (read - inspection runners..) If you do bmq there, don't matter if your reg or res, thats what you get and wear.

You WILL use that with the exception of the runners - if your a support trade unlucky enough to go to pretc after, you can wear whatever pt gear you want there - and here at CFSCE in Kingston (for tech trades), you can, again, wear whatever PT gear you want.

In the past they also issued "long pt" for the cold days.. which is a hooded grey sweat suit (pants/top) (quite warm).. not sure if it's still issued.

I had a bunch of people on my weekend BMQ with regimental t-shirts and shorts as PT gear...issued to them.  My regiment doesn't do this...I had to buy my t-shirt, so I'm not going to destroy it on PT.

NJL said:
In the past they also issued "long pt" for the cold days.. which is a hooded grey sweat suit (pants/top) (quite warm).. not sure if it's still issued.

Forgot about those - even though we used them all the time. Still one set sweatsuit

NJL said:

I have a pair, and I went through, summer of last year

You mean, those cadpat fleec-y bottoms they gave me wern't pajamas?

I have pt on tuesday for parade night. I'll just use the t-shirt they gave me when I got my kit.

re: pijamas,

it will be way to hot to even wear pijimas. I know I'll probably end up sleeping on top of my sheets & blankets  :p

Your not allowed to sleep over top of the sheets, in St. Jean, anyways. Duty Staff and MP's do, do security checks in the middle of the night, and if they catch you...

PJ pants are a good idea, they are a lighter material than the grey PT shorts or pants, and nobody wants to see you lounging around in your skivvies.
if the staff say u can't wear it, put it in your civi kit bag, not a big deal

and buy 2 really good pairs of runners, if your on a budget the CF can issue you some running shoes but they suck.
I recommend Asics, they are pricey, but comfortable running shoes are worth their weight in gold    http://www.asics.com/select.html

Edit: You can usually find Asics at the Running Room and Sport Chek

Back